UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Wanting to build my own custom aquarium

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Wanting to build my own custom aquarium   Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Icon_minitime12/6/2010, 12:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I want to build a custom extra large aquarium to house some extra large freshwater fish. I was woundering if any one had any suggestions on doing so. I want to make it 8x4x4. I already have a start for a stand to put it on. According to the thickness chart i found it stopped at 3 ft tall using 20mm(.79) thick glass so i was thinking of at least an inch, if not thicker. Would rather use archrylic then glass but would have to check the pricing and availability on it. I already know this will not be cheap. After i get the structeral end figured out i have the plans for everything else in my head. The stand so far is an old 4x8 woork bench with 6 4x4 legs on it and 2x6 running down the side connecting the legs. also has 2x6 cross beems in the middle. Really need to now if that would be enough to handle the weight of an aquarium that size. i will add 3 more 4x4 legs to it for sure.Will add pics of my stand plans by this week end. Also know this will be no easy little task to acomplish and it will take a lot of time to finnish but that is ok with me.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
bbandu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to build my own custom aquarium   Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Icon_minitime1/10/2011, 12:40 pm

here is another monster tank build, 1700g using plywood, fiberglass and acrylic.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_1700g_tank_8.php
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to build my own custom aquarium   Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 12:03 am

Still planning on building this tank. i have gone through some changes with the design thowgh, still have to get the 3 pieces of acrylic before i can really start the build(thats not going to be cheep) just incase they sent the wrong size(dont want to rebuild something i have already built just to make it fit.) I think i am going to settle on 1.5Inch thick acrylic. 1inch my be to thin and 2inch i think is overkill on the acrylic.
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to build my own custom aquarium   Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/25/2011, 2:01 am

It's been going slow but still working on it. I will have some pics of my sketches up later today. Still checking on places to buy the acrylic, if anyone knows a good place let me know.
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to build my own custom aquarium   Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/25/2011, 6:06 pm

Couldn't gets the drawings on today, scanner wouldn't scan. Funny 'cause it printed and made copies just didn't feel like scanning. lol!

I guess I need to find my Manuel and problem shoot it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to build my own custom aquarium   Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/29/2011, 11:58 pm

Here are some pics of my sketches for this tank build.
Plan A
Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Imag0110
Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Imag0111

Plan B
Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Imag0031
Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Imag0032

Still working out some detailes. Now i have a storage unit to put some things in i should be able to clean out the geroge some and start to build the bohemath. Cant wait! crazy
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
lgsasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to build my own custom aquarium   Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Icon_minitime6/18/2011, 10:04 pm

IT'S. TIME!!!!! I have to get started on the tank, my stock for this tank is growing and will soon need a bigger home then a 75 gallon tank.

The stock list so far:
1 red tail catfish
1 tiger Oscar
1 fire mouth (already a full grown adult)
1 old ball, will post a pick for id later.
1 red belly pacu
3 JD's
1 jd or Texas cichlid, (think its a jd but not 100%, will post pic for id too.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to build my own custom aquarium   Wanting to build my own custom aquarium - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanting to build my own custom aquarium
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: (DIY) Do It Yourself Projects-
Jump to: