UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fishyjoe27
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : 135 gallon freshwater discus
55 gallon salt water FOWLR community tank, later it will be reef.

pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock   pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/12/2009, 3:02 am

First topic message reminder :

what are your thoughts on this, I see alot of the saltwater guys using this and mixing if with live sand. I want to turn my 125 in to a saltwater tank, but don't want to go over board and spend all I got and end up living under a bridge the next day. I used this stuff in my 55 but I didn't do a double wash throw of it and my water is a skim milk color.

so my question is if it worked for substrate in my 55 will it work in my 125(84x16x22) if I mix it with a bag or two of live sand.

second questions, is if I use holey rock(david, I think I will be giving you a call) and mix it with some "live" rock, will the holey rock adventully get seeded and turn in to live rock.(hope that makes since) and how much holey rock in lbs will I need.

filtration I got that covers,going to sell me fx5 and I get a "friends" sump,skimmer,and over flow box.

I don't want to do to big of fish so I think I will be fine with a light load of live sand and live rock. percula clowns, yellow tang, sailfin tang, blue hippo tang,yellow wrassle,and a couple of damsels if they will not cause havoc , I like white and black stripped, and yellow tailed, and blue/green chromis.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock   pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 6:54 pm

juice28 wrote:
it is fine grade, not sure of exactly the size but it is very small i think its like 25 bucks for like a 35-40 lb but dont quote me on it, i havent looked at at it in a while, I was gonna use it in mine but i went with 2 bags of LS instead (that was all i needed though) but i think it comes out to a little under a dollar per lb, call um up and see about it, daryl or brandi are great and really helpful(theyll cut ya deal if the can)

i actually found someone in dallas that has pavestone pulverised limestone and he wants 6.00 each for 50lb bags (alot cheaper than the carib sea stuff) and i am only going to ned 2 bags since i am going to have a 3" deep sand bed
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

Favorite Fish: : black false percula, spotted mandarin

PostSubject: Re: pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock   pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 12:24 am

yup. dont forget to incorporate the gas for the trip..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock   pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 8:09 pm

no need i happen to come back from okc va today and stopped into home depot and bought 3 40lb bags of pavestone pulverised limestone pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 690297
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

Favorite Fish: : black false percula, spotted mandarin

PostSubject: Re: pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock   pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 12:23 am

haha good pick up, hey, why are we the only two people who converse in here, not that im mad but id like the rest of the SW people to join in on something...
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock   pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 1:13 am

hi, i use gravel for al of my tanks because i use undergravel filters!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock   pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 2:10 am

philuponthepho wrote:
hi, i use gravel for al of my tanks because i use undergravel filters!

i bet your tanks is a freshwater tank though isnt it? mine and ryans are saltwater pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock   pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 2:11 am

juice28 wrote:
haha good pick up, hey, why are we the only two people who converse in here, not that im mad but id like the rest of the SW people to join in on something...

dont know, i am beginning to think we are the only two with saltwater tanks lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock   pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pavestone pulverized limestone&holey rock
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2