UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata Empty
PostSubject: Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata   Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 10:28 am

PH:7 But can handle 1 degree in either direction
Temp: 77*f but can handle most temps
Max size: ~1inch
Food: algae and leftover fish food
Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata DSCN1982
These snails are the most useful snails around! If you have a sand substrate they will spend most of their time in it scavenging leftover food. With enough of them you never need to worry about stirring your sand again. They have one of the hardest shells among snails as well as a 'trap door'. Most fish are unable to eat the Malaysian trumpet snail due to their shell strength. They are plant friendly and won't harm even the most delicate of plants. They are one of the only live Bering snails so you wont have snail eggs all over your tank. They also tend to be nocturnal and spend most of the day cruising about in the sand and cleaning the glass of algae at night.
I highly recommend these snails to any one with a planted tank and or sand substrate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata   Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 11:21 am

Very true. Once you have them, you will never get rid of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata   Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 11:29 am

holy! are all those in ur tank fern? nice write up :)
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata   Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 11:55 am

Those are neat!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata   Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 12:24 pm

tim wrote:
holy! are all those in ur tank fern? nice write up :)
Na that's just a few in a Tupperware that I'm giving away.... There are many more in my tanks lol! I love these little guys and I don't think I would have a tank without em. I hardly ever seem mine, they are like ninja snails lol!
If yall ever want some let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata   Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malaysian trumpet snails - Melanoides tuberculata
Page 1 of 1