UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

It's been a loooong time!

Go down 
+3
KMX
CajunGator
S&FW_FishyFriend
7 posters
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

It's been a loooong time! Empty
PostSubject: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 10:44 am

I haven't been on for a while, but I just wanted to drop a line! My husband and I are trying to patch things up and he decided he really wants to have a giant fish tank after we went to lfs. We settled on a 100 gallon (not giant, but about the biggest we can afford right now. We have it on layaway: 100 gallon glass tank, stand, glass tops and lights for $400. In my opinion it's a steal cause it's brand new! We are gonna go saltwater, but haven't yet decided on whether to go reef or FOWLR.... We plan on building to the set up very, very slowly. Anyway, just had to brag about my deal!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 11:19 am

nice, is the tank drilled? if it is reef ready i suggest a refugium. as far as FOWLR or REEF, this depends on what you like. i myself am on a reef right now and once i finally get the 110 up and going along with lights for it my reef is going to be moved from my 90 to the 110 and teh 110 is going to be a FO tank so i can have avolitan lion and a porcupine puffer lol! . IMHO i would get one of each, 1 reef and 1 FO, one thing you need to keep in mind with a reef it make sure to have aprotein skimmer and good lighting (T5HO's)
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 11:32 am

cool, great buy, welcome Back.....
hi
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 5:05 pm

It's been a loooong time! 772341

Welcome back ....glad to hear that you got a good deal. Sounds like it is going to be nice. Get some pics up once you get it.
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 5:23 pm

So glad your back! Best wishes to You and Your Husband.
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 7:03 pm

Thanks guys! I look forward to picking up our new tank, but am impatient on the wait... ... ... is it time yet? JK, LOL! coke I kinda want to go reef, but my husband is still on the fence. It's not drilled so we'll have to buy some overflow boxes, but it's worth it! They had a used 180 gallon oceanic bowfront with everything included (T5 lighting, refugium, filtration, etc.) for $1,600, but that's a little steep for right now... But it looked nice, although if I did buy it I would take out the undergravel filter and do something different. One can dream.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 7:17 pm

S&FW_FishyFriend wrote:
Thanks guys! I look forward to picking up our new tank, but am impatient on the wait... ... ... is it time yet? JK, LOL! coke I kinda want to go reef, but my husband is still on the fence. It's not drilled so we'll have to buy some overflow boxes, but it's worth it! They had a used 180 gallon oceanic bowfront with everything included (T5 lighting, refugium, filtration, etc.) for $1,600, but that's a little steep for right now... But it looked nice, although if I did buy it I would take out the undergravel filter and do something different. One can dream.....

considering what was included the 1600.00 tank woul dhave been the better deal and would be great for either a FOWLR or a REEF
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 7:19 pm

whats a FOWLR ????? i am definitely not a salty
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 7:35 pm

fish only w/ live rock
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 5:48 am

Yeah Miranda!!! It's been a loooong time! 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 12:17 am

do it!!
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 1:09 am

Jealous!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been a loooong time!   It's been a loooong time! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's been a loooong time!
Page 1 of 1