UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

New Old Guy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pulsarair
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Fresh Water Angel Fish

New Old Guy Empty
PostSubject: New Old Guy   New Old Guy Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 6:52 pm

I recently joined the group and thought I would say hello. I am 74 and used to breed and raise fresh water angel fish. I've been gone from the hobby for a long while and plan to get back into it but not as much as in years past. I live in the Houston, Texas area and still have a bunch of my old tanks. I'm sure I'll have to upgrade and replace a lot of the equipment.

I did join a Yahoo group awhile back, but it seems like amateur hour. Since I've been surfing Tropical Fish sites as of late on my computer, I was amazed to see how much the hobby has changed. Yes equipment has been improved but the general interest in fish has also changed a lot as far as I can tell. I guess I am a traditionalist and when it comes to Angel Fish, I want them to look close to what they look like in the wild. All the new varients don't turn me on but kind of turn me off to tell the truth. But that is just the "old guy" in me.

That said, are there any Angel Fish fans in Houston or in Texas for that matter? I'd sure be interested in hearing from some of them and any tips where I could obtain some nice angel fish stock which look tradiional such a zebra, smoke and maybe I would go a little off of tradition with black or half black.

At any rate, I will enjoy this group and hope to get to know some of you in the future.

Lee
Houston
Back to top Go down
D.Gray
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
D.Gray

Favorite Fish: : live ones.. And shrimp.

New Old Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Old Guy   New Old Guy Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 7:44 pm

Welcome.

There are three types of Wild Angles and I really like the looks of the Altum angels, but as they are a tall fish they need a nice big tank.

www.aquabid.com is a good place to get stock, and I am sure one or two members here (myself included) have an interest in angels.

I have a 75 gallon with about 20 angels of three different color varieties.

www.angelmania.com is a good place as Lee breeds very nice angels (primarily in the blue color strains) I have some of his fish, and the purchase was a very smooth transaction. www.angelsplus.com is also spoken highly of on an angelfish forum I frequent.

Dave
Back to top Go down

New Old Guy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: American Cichlids-
Jump to: