UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

August Fish Of The Month

Go down 
+3
Dr. Who
Holey Rock of Texas
strawman1985
7 posters
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

August Fish Of The Month Empty
PostSubject: August Fish Of The Month   August Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime8/1/2012, 10:53 pm

August Fish Of The Month Pictus10

Pimelodus Pictus Catfish
This is one of my favorite catfish, I have always enjoyed watching them interact together and swim throughout the aquarium. I have not had them in years but plan on getting one or two for my African cichlid set up. They are considered to be a small catfish and can reach 6 inches 8 at most. They are fairly friendly but will eat fish that will fit in their mouth. For this reason I would not recommend them with Neon's, Cardinals and cherry barbs. This fish has a sharp fins as well and you should not catch it with a net as the they will become entangled you will have to cut the net to get it out. They can become a little territorial with other bottom dwellers, but I have never had a problem with one. I also would recommend a tank at least 36 inches long so they have space to grow and roam. Shrimp pellets and flake foods are two selections they will consume. Pictus cats are fairly hardy and easy to keep. Make sure any tank mates are at least half the adult size of the pictus and broad bodied tank mates would be fine as well.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: August Fish Of The Month   August Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime8/2/2012, 10:49 am

the thing i like most about these guys is they never hide. have cool colors and lots of energy. great aquarium catfish!!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: August Fish Of The Month   August Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 8:32 pm

Nice fish and you can catch with a net. You scoop with the net to keep them from getting stuck in net.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: August Fish Of The Month   August Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime8/3/2012, 10:14 pm

I've always loved these cats! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

PostSubject: Re: August Fish Of The Month   August Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime8/4/2012, 9:26 am

Has anyone heard them make noises. The 3 I have will play around when the lights go off and sometimes I hear them making a clicking kinda noise. Live these cats. I think my next setup in going to do a nice group, maybe like 10 of them
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

PostSubject: Re: August Fish Of The Month   August Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime8/4/2012, 12:58 pm

I remember hearing something about them making noises. I bet that would be a fun tank to see!!
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: August Fish Of The Month   August Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime8/6/2012, 9:52 am

very nice
Back to top Go down
fishingexperta
Private
Private
fishingexperta

Favorite Fish: : All those people who want to book a boat to enjoy their Puerto Vallarta fishing, Cabo Fishing, Cancun Fishing, Playa del Carmen Fishing, Cozumel Fishing, Isla Mujeres Fishing, Mazatlan Fishing, Mexico Fishing, Panama Fishing, Costa Rica Fishing trip can visit Fishing Reservation Central.

PostSubject: Re: August Fish Of The Month   August Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime8/21/2012, 11:23 pm

I love the Catfish...It is my favorite fish and my hobby is also fishing. You explain the features of Catfish in very good way. I like your posting.
Recently i visited Cabo Fishing, Cozumel Fishing, Puerto Vallarta fishing.............

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August Fish Of The Month   August Fish Of The Month Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August Fish Of The Month
Page 1 of 1