UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Dwarf Seahorses per G

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HeaRenae
Private
Private
HeaRenae

Favorite Fish: : Seahorses & Puffers

Dwarf Seahorses per G Empty
PostSubject: Dwarf Seahorses per G   Dwarf Seahorses per G Icon_minitime1/12/2012, 10:58 am

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site :) I'm going to be starting a dwarf seahorse tank in about 5 to 6 months, I was wondering how many per gallon? I heard you could have up to 100 per 10g's & that going above 10gs could be potentially harmful? I would like to start w/ the 10g but eventually after more experience move up to a 29g would that be a bad idea?. I also have a 55g that I may use for bigger seahorses and pipefish down the road if the dwarfs go over well...
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Seahorses per G   Dwarf Seahorses per G Icon_minitime1/12/2012, 1:18 pm

Very delicate,Very small, they Require daily preparation and feeding of live food "baby brine shrimp" they Need to have their own dedicated tank there are very few suitable tank mates for Pixies even live rock can carry in dangerous critters. keeping all that in mind there is no way you could keep 100 fed properly.
Back to top Go down
HeaRenae
Private
Private
HeaRenae

Favorite Fish: : Seahorses & Puffers

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Seahorses per G   Dwarf Seahorses per G Icon_minitime1/12/2012, 8:46 pm

Thank you, yes I have been researching and am aware of the dedication dwarfs need some sites I have looked at just don't give out the right info that's why I'm dotting all my i's before I start :) I may switch my mind to the hardy big guys in the end. It's confusing when one site tells you something different like this one that said 100 for every 10gs then another says 50 an another no less than 20 arghhh! I want a happy and healthy herd of lil'guys I don't want to overpopulate. hmm I read they can eat mysis too oh well if not I will have a brine hatchery and live plants if suitable if not fake will do just as well. I also heard shrimp will do well? but they seem a bit too big for my concern. For the big guys like kudas & sri lankas would 2 pair be too many for a 29g tank & if so how many other fish, snails & shrimp could coexist in a tank that size? I'm sorry for my naiveness, I'm used to tropical fish where you know how many and what size per gallon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf Seahorses per G   Dwarf Seahorses per G Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dwarf Seahorses per G
Page 1 of 1