UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

firemouth cichlid breeding ques

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

firemouth cichlid breeding ques Empty
PostSubject: firemouth cichlid breeding ques   firemouth cichlid breeding ques Icon_minitime1/1/2012, 10:07 pm

I was wondering if fish will try and spawn even if no female is present? I have 4 firemouths and the last couple weeks there personalities have completely changed 2 of them are darker in color and are way more aggresive then usual as they chase the other fish away plus these 2 fish were always the weakest fish in the tank....I dont believe i have a female in the tank but then again who knows
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: firemouth cichlid breeding ques   firemouth cichlid breeding ques Icon_minitime1/1/2012, 10:49 pm

Have you changed the tank any in last 4 weeks? Pecking orders are established and dominance shifts depending on sex. You could also have a pair forming as well.

**********USAfishbox.com*************

My Tanks
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84/videos
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: firemouth cichlid breeding ques   firemouth cichlid breeding ques Icon_minitime1/1/2012, 11:30 pm

firemouth cichlid breeding ques 858205

My tanks

https://www.youtube.com/user/jaiko1975?feature=mhum

usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: firemouth cichlid breeding ques   firemouth cichlid breeding ques Icon_minitime1/1/2012, 11:42 pm

i did move some ornaments inside the tank thats all thats changed...I also noticed they are digging in the gravel way more then usual
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: firemouth cichlid breeding ques   firemouth cichlid breeding ques Icon_minitime1/1/2012, 11:44 pm

Changing the ornaments around is like taking away their territories so they are going to be more aggressive establishing their areas. But I agree with Flip especially since you said they are digging more. You most likely have 2 that are pairing off.

firemouth cichlid breeding ques CMSIG
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: firemouth cichlid breeding ques   firemouth cichlid breeding ques Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 7:08 pm

well I just found eggs lol there starting to hatch anything i need to do? i have always heard firemouths are great parents and they wont eat the fry atleast for the first 2 weeks anyway... however 2 yrs ago i had eggs in my tank and they all disappeared a couple days later?....besides the firemouths i have 3 SAE and 1 chinese algae eater in a 55 gal...
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: firemouth cichlid breeding ques   firemouth cichlid breeding ques Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 7:12 pm

If you want to save the fry I would remove all sae and algae eaters. Prefilters over intakes and start setting up a fry tank.

My Tanks
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84/videos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: firemouth cichlid breeding ques   firemouth cichlid breeding ques Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

firemouth cichlid breeding ques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Fish Breeding-
Jump to: