UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Koi with Pimple like spot on fin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jbwarn
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Koi! Favorite types Chagoi, Kumonryu and anything doitsu.

Koi with Pimple like spot on fin Empty
PostSubject: Koi with Pimple like spot on fin   Koi with Pimple like spot on fin Icon_minitime12/28/2011, 11:12 pm

I purchased several new koi a couple of weeks ago and have them in quarantine. In the last few days one of them has developed a small pimple like bump on his fin. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it, swimming and eating fine.
I've done some research and found the this can be symptom of Anchor worm but at this point I see nothing coming out of the bump to indicate anchor worm. I did a water change three days ago but Ammonia and Nitrate are not at zero. I am working on this!

Could this be the start of an ulcer? grr

Any help, advice is GREATLY appreciated.

I can't post a picture because New Guy

Back to top Go down
sschult
Sergeant
Sergeant
sschult

PostSubject: Re: Koi with Pimple like spot on fin   Koi with Pimple like spot on fin Icon_minitime12/29/2011, 9:55 am

Sounds like Carp pox, has been know for 400 years, yet not often recognized as a viral disease by koi pond owners. It is caused by a virus belonging to the herpes group, it is considered chronic but is not life threatening. There's no apparent treatment and the causes have been pinpointed on water quality and overcrowding, the lessions often disappear as water quality improves and the temperature increases, Happy New Year to all and wishing you a great 2012. Koi with Pimple like spot on fin 772341
Back to top Go down
jbwarn
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Koi! Favorite types Chagoi, Kumonryu and anything doitsu.

PostSubject: Re: Koi with Pimple like spot on fin   Koi with Pimple like spot on fin Icon_minitime12/29/2011, 8:20 pm

Thank you for the response!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koi with Pimple like spot on fin   Koi with Pimple like spot on fin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Koi with Pimple like spot on fin
Page 1 of 1