UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

interested in local fish?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

interested in local fish? Empty
PostSubject: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 8:39 pm

this summer i will be selling baby alligator gar and baby pike... if anyone is interested let me know... i can also try to find some other species of fish, these will be wild caught and treated... dirt cheap. like a dollar a piece
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 8:51 pm

I havent really met anybody in this area that can house an alligator gar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 8:54 pm

yeah thats true but these are tiny. they are probably about 3-4 inches long and are just little tubes. verry zippy and should grow relatively slow
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 9:01 pm

I doubt it is a true alligator gar so it shouldn't be a problem. A true alligator gar grows extremely fast when they are young and should have have thousands of gallons.

I just don't want somebody to get stuck with a fish they can't house. It isn't good for the fish to be cramped like that or for the hobby in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 9:03 pm

interested in local fish? 858205
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 9:04 pm

and you should check your local laws concerning alligator gar. i know its illegal in Florida to catch and sale this guys.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 9:06 pm

I was about to google it myself. Last I heard it is illegal to sell them in Virginia as well. It used to be illegal to sell any fish that are found in the state and I'm pretty sure it still is the same.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 9:10 pm

Here you go
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/regulations/nongame.asp
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 9:12 pm

but I'm aware that some Cuban gar can fetch over 3 grands a piece
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 9:16 pm

I have the luck of living in Florida were every south/central/new age chichilds can be found in our local canal system. and crustacean from fresh water clams to crayfish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 9:26 pm

oh im not sure,, i just know that every pond/creek/river around me is infested with them and they do get big. they have some nasty teeth as well. plus they eat all the other fish in there natural habitat and are a nuesence to everyone i know lol.. but does anyone know anything about pike?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 9:34 pm

now i noticed that in that paragraph the title was exeptions: and then listed a bunch of different species.. does that mean those are ok? because at the end it says unlimited..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 9:40 pm

if im doing anything illegal please let me know before i get in trouble lol thanks for your advice/ input guys
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime12/21/2011, 10:54 pm

bossman wrote:
oh im not sure,, i just know that every pond/creek/river around me is infested with them and they do get big. they have some nasty teeth as well. plus they eat all the other fish in there natural habitat and are a nuesence to everyone i know lol.. but does anyone know anything about pike?

These are not alloud to be sold on here. For all the reasons you stated. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interested in local fish?   interested in local fish? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

interested in local fish?
Page 1 of 1