UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

1 by 1 fish die....

Go down 
+6
Holey Rock of Texas
lifeisgood
doogan
Terry
Flippercon
KMX
10 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

1 by 1 fish die.... Empty
PostSubject: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 8:52 am

This is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happend to me.

I have a 55G with 8 Flavus , 10 jalo reef, 1 lelelupi and 1 BN pleco. The past week I have noticed 1 sick jalo reef per every 2 days or so. ONLY 1 until it dies and then another starts to get sick. It sits on the bottom and does nothing . Bladder infection? Water spike? This is the one fish sickness that I just cant get undder control. Why is it only 1 fish at a time and never 2 or the entire species together? Not effecting any species besides the Jalo reef. This also happend to my Trophs awhile back. Had 100 of them and 1 by 1 they just started dieng. VERY VERY FUSTRATING. Almost to the point where I am going to sell everything and say FU FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 8:56 am

Sorry to hear that, i have been going thru the same thing with my EBJD. Is it bloat?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 9:08 am

Not sure, I always feed flake. It could of had something to do with me giving them some pellets. Not sure why I did that.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 9:12 am

Have you thought about removing variables? QT all the jalo reefs and work off that. It sucks man I wish I knew.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 9:15 am

I have a 10G QT but not sure if i want to put 6-7 sub adluts in a 10G. Might be worse lol!
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 9:18 am

Yeah true. That could be a mess! lol!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 9:31 am

Im going to stop feeding, do a WC and then add a little metro.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 9:34 am

Sounds like a Plan, Keep us updated, we all know how frustrating losing fish or anything for no known reason is. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 9:38 am

I still would like to ID the problem that way I can prevent it from happening.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 11:20 am

Sounds like bloat Kory. Whats the protein percentage in the food you feed?
Back to top Go down
doogan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 2:46 pm

i dont much about it but this seems like a species specific parasite issue. logicaly, a disease would effect more than 1 fish at a time, this seems like something killing its host and moving on to another host... weird and kind of scary also. sorry bro. wish i could help more.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 2:52 pm

sorry to hear this . I had the same thing happen to some Angels in my 150. One by one they started to pass . Nothing else in the tank was affected ! I juiced the tank with Melafix (?) and the problem went away. Never did figure it out . And also , not all the Angels passed , just the older ones. mad
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/18/2011, 3:35 pm

i bet its a water condition problem. try to do a good cleaning of the substrate. also the QT of the jalo would help to determine the problem as previous mentioned. we have all had things like this happen and it will drive you crazy!!!!! also when i can not figure out what is wrong i treat with cloat!!!!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/25/2011, 1:26 pm

How can it be from my food if one by one .... one gets sick over a span of 3-4 days the condition worsens until death. Then the next day another fish same things....3-4 days condtion worsens and then dead..... unexplainable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/25/2011, 2:04 pm

are there anyvisible sympotms? cloudy eyes? fin rot? anything?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/25/2011, 10:33 pm

nothing , just one at a time sit on the bottom until conditions worsen and then death. when that one dies anothers condition worsens. This is the 4th or 5th time this has happend to me in the past 4-5 years.

Always the same species even if another species is present. NEVER 2 or 3 sick fish at a time. Just 1 single fish.

Very fustrating and demoralizing.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/25/2011, 10:35 pm

its sounds like something contagious in your tank and its spreading KMX
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 8:52 am

that happened back when i had my dwarf gourami's. i lost 3 in about a week and a half. check your water and if you have gravel vac i would do that everyday and remover any fish that like like there starting to get ill. also do more frequent water changes. maybe 15% a day or every 2 days and clean the filters. just some thoughts, hope everything gets beter soon
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 9:56 am

IM not looking how to treat it or what to do.

IM looking to find out what the actual problem is. Nothing else matters.
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 10:30 am

That IS puzzling!
I'm seeing all these new water treatments coming out (especially by Tetra) that are really ticking me off. They don't remove chlorine & chloramines, heavy metals, etc... I accidentally bought some and lost some of my angelfish. The bottle looks basically the same & I didn't even notice until the deaths had already started. I doubt that's what's going on but if it's even the slightest possibility I thought I would mention this. I hope this doesn't sound insulting but I figure if it happened to me.... I really hope you find out what the heck is going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 10:56 am

gotcha, well honestly i couldnt figure out what the problem was either, i just did what i said and it eventually went away. but yeah im curious to on what it actually is
Back to top Go down
NajaAkaDoa
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
NajaAkaDoa

Favorite Fish: : Loaches!

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 5:18 pm

As you may know, Im a loach guy...

........Im all about precision.... I count teeth on timing belts etc... ocd if you will...

Clown loaches get the 'skinny disease' as they say.
I introduced the latest two about a year and some change ago... unquarentined... yep

........dont hate me, I'll beat myself for that rookie move..

....the two fell, one after the other..... then, another of mine started to get it

......the orange left, it got 'divit' skinny... but as irony would have it I dosed the
tank with "general cure"...and the latest skinny guy has plumped up, and gotten
some orange back.... he was straight silver, with the black stripes...

He'll forever be 'stunted'... but, whether it be bacteria or a parasite,
Im going with parasite....

I'll throw this example out..... Humans are 'parasites' (to go to the extreme)
to say, an apple tree..... but we can only eat one apple at a time really...
Go "orchard" and it's one tree at a time..... dig?

I think I'd look more into a parasite type of thing, because .......another example
think "athletes foot"... It tears all 10 toes up at once..... bacterias dont wait...

All a theory, Peace JT
Back to top Go down
NajaAkaDoa
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
NajaAkaDoa

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 5:23 pm

.......went back and reread.. doogan beat me to the punch..

................Im not a bettin' man, but that's where my money would be... GL&Peace JT
Back to top Go down
NajaAkaDoa
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
NajaAkaDoa

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/26/2011, 5:31 pm

.......with a few minutes thought, thats probably why its 'out of the blue'...

no bad conditions, just a 'bad apple'... :)
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime12/30/2011, 3:25 am

Try removing and quarantining the next fish the moment it shows symptoms. See if that stops the pattern. Also install a UV to kill any parasites or bacteria in the water column.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 by 1 fish die....   1 by 1 fish die.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 by 1 fish die....
Page 1 of 1