UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Assassin Snails

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

Assassin Snails Empty
PostSubject: Assassin Snails   Assassin Snails Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 1:19 am

does anyone keep them and raise them? i have a monstrously large population of MTSs and just need a bit of balancing. i know ill likely have to do more water changes with more organic waste being put in the water. i love my MTSs but im tired of my Tahitian Moon Black sand not being black anymore. the tank itself is in good health due to the large MTS population.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

Assassin Snails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Snails   Assassin Snails Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 3:58 am

Don't know thw size of your tank but most botia will clean that population out. I have a 125 that ended up getting mts and loaches were added, the mts can only survive in my sump.
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Assassin Snails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Snails   Assassin Snails Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 4:18 am

yeah i know botias will wipe them out. but i dnt want all the MTS gone, i actually like them. just want to get under control, so far theyve been allowed to reproduced without any checks and balances. hence the need for assassin snails
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Assassin Snails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Snails   Assassin Snails Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 4:22 am

id prefer to get some someone tht isnt gna gouge for $5 a piece. i like dealing with folks tht are like me. in it for hobby not the profit. cuz i dnt charge for any of my live stock, just shipping. or even a trade.
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Assassin Snails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Snails   Assassin Snails Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 8:14 am

I hope someone sends you some. I have 3 and don't know how long it takes them to reproduce but if you are still looking when I have more I'll give you all you want. I'm all for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Assassin Snails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Snails   Assassin Snails Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 8:18 am

thanks. i can wait. i can teach a stone patience.

ive got kribensis, neolamprologus brichardi, mollies, and marbled crayfish for trade too. PM me if yur interested. we will wait till Spring for better shipping climate. ^_^
Back to top Go down
sschult
Sergeant
Sergeant
sschult

Assassin Snails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Snails   Assassin Snails Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 8:37 am

Am no a snail person and dont know a thing about snails, having said that am going to share with you my experience with asasin snails, it was great, I also had a snail problem in 3 of my tanks and I read that you dont want them all gone there fore you prefer snails versus loaches, I have owned a clown loach for about 6 years and that was my go to guy from tank to tank keeping the numbers in check, well I did not think he had a grasp on things whether he finnally learned he had an unlimited amount of snails for food as long as he maintained him self in check, but the bottom line is there were always snails left in the tank to continue prolification, about 3 mos ago I purchased 7 assasin snails on aquabid and divided them on all three tanks and guess what, snail are 100% gone, based on my experience I think if you want to keep some around go with the loaches, just get one or two and rotate them from tank to tank every now and then, the only Item that made me give some info here is what you mentioned about keeping some around, hope this helps in your decision. Assassin Snails 772341
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Assassin Snails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Snails   Assassin Snails Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 2:58 pm

hmmm id still like to have assassin snails tho. 5 assassins would do it.

loaches would get ripped up by my crayfish in my second tank. the crayfish do a very good job keeping the snails to a balanced population. the crayfish dig for them in the sand out of boredom and you hear them crunching shells
Back to top Go down
zeketaz
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeketaz

Favorite Fish: : Don't have a favorite to many of them "catch my eye" lol.

Assassin Snails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Snails   Assassin Snails Icon_minitime12/2/2011, 3:08 pm

I have baby and juvenile assassins for $2.00 each plus shipping. Have to find out how to ship them though all I have shipped so far is plants, but I know I can ship them even if I have to get help from my friend who is a shipping expert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Assassin Snails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin Snails   Assassin Snails Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assassin Snails
Page 1 of 1