UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

ID this please...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: ID this please...   ID this please... Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 11:22 am

Also while I'm here I have a few pics of something that is popping up in my tank. They are in about 6-8 locations in little groups of 3-4 (polyps?) They are soft like zoas. They are mixed between the rock that came from my 29 gallon and the dry base rock I added in May to this tank. I have not added anything other than snails and dry rock since May and before that it was a good 6 months that nothing was added. Anyway...here you go. They are about small zoa size too. .... Any ideas?

ID this please... DSC02091
ID this please... DSC02090
ID this please... DSC02092

Back to top Go down
flukekiller
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Discus

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 11:50 am

are those white discs part of it or is just the red bubbles?

if its just the red then i believe its red bubble algae. some fish love

to snack on this but it is a pain in the @$$ to get rid of
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 11:57 am

The white discs are part of it. These pics are from three different groups of it.

I have green bubble algae sometimes. This does not look like it. Unless the red variety looks a lot different.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 12:22 pm

looks like Red Coralline algae to me. red bubble algae looks just like green only without the pearlescents.
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 1:15 pm

cwhip wrote:
looks like Red Coralline algae to me. red bubble algae looks just like green only without the pearlescents.

Cool! Thanks! The thing that threw me off was the white in the middle and the fact that it is soft like that. I have lots on my rocks that is just red. This must just be another variety. Sweet! As long as it's nothing bad it has an interesting look. I have also noticed that the red variety seems to be orange & glow under actinic before turning completely red.
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 1:21 pm

Check out all the red & purple on this rock! It is also loaded up with feather dusters (little ones), spaghetti worms and one yellow polyp that has been by itself for over a year.

ID this please... DSC02086
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 1:31 pm

very nice! it shows your system isn't lacking in Calcium:)
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Favorite Fish: : As far as fresh water goes, it's Bettas!
For marine fish; Firefish, Cardinalfish, Gobies, Dragonets, and Sharks...

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 6:51 pm

VERY cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ID this please...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: General Saltwater Disc.-
Jump to: