UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

New fish wont eat...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

New fish wont eat... Empty
PostSubject: New fish wont eat...   New fish wont eat... Icon_minitime8/13/2011, 3:53 pm

Hey my fish peeps. question. got an AMAZING new fish 2 days ago... But the little bugger hides ALL DAY AND NIGHT in the rocks... I understand he is new and scared and will eventually get accustomed to the tank, BUT until then he is not eating, how do i get him to eat... i REALLLLLY don't want him to die... It's a saltwater anthias... he eats meaty food..
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: New fish wont eat...   New fish wont eat... Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 4:28 am

you only have one? these guys do much better in groups one male to several females, that being said I would soak brine and mysis in Selcon and garlic then use a turkey baster to direct the food toward the fish the selcon has vitamins and the garlic helps boost the appetite.
good luck!
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

PostSubject: Re: New fish wont eat...   New fish wont eat... Icon_minitime8/14/2011, 8:52 pm

Garlic... Garlic... Garlic... Garlic... Did I mention Garlic? Dependent upon what anthias it is as well, it may prove to be a little challenging. I've had trouble with certain anthias before.
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: New fish wont eat...   New fish wont eat... Icon_minitime8/15/2011, 7:11 pm

cwhip... in my marine fishes book it sez " this common for a anthias to be surprisingly territorial. Solitary idividuals do best. to keep a group, choose one male and eight or more females in at least a 180 tank" basically one idividual will do good... also i did the garlic turkey baster/ food mix and of course worked like a charm... THANKS PEEPS!!!!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: New fish wont eat...   New fish wont eat... Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 3:22 am

Lyretail Anthias are a schooling species where one male should be housed with multiple females but youre right they do require larger aquariums. they are also hermaphroditic and in the absence of a dominant male, the dominant female of the group will morph into a male to take its place, I was able to watch one of my females morph when my male was injured by my Tang and sadly died, it took about 2 months it was pretty amazing! I now have 5 females and one male. you should pickup another female and watch what happens it's really cool:) the males are really beautiful here's my male that was a female:) I'm really glad the garlic/food mix worked for ya!!!! thats great news...
"new male"
New fish wont eat... 457-1
"female"
New fish wont eat... 452-1
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: New fish wont eat...   New fish wont eat... Icon_minitime8/16/2011, 12:27 pm

YEAH! my male looks exactly like yours.. with the polka dot fins.. love it.. so i should go get a female and have 2?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New fish wont eat...   New fish wont eat... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New fish wont eat...
Page 1 of 1