UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease  Empty
PostSubject: How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease     How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease  Icon_minitime8/1/2011, 9:06 am

http://www.videojug.com/interview/fishkeeping-how-to-treat-swim-bladder-disease

Good Video! How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease  102652

**********USAfishbox.com*************

Expand the hobby!

Don't blame me, I voted RON PAUL !!

How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease  CMSIG
Back to top Go down
Will
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : All kinds of fish. I have had all sort and tried to breed them (did some). This was many year ago. All fish are special.

PostSubject: Re: How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease     How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease  Icon_minitime8/1/2011, 10:06 pm

Thanks, Great info. Maybe this will work KMX. I sent and do not thing it made it. I was just saying thanks for the welcome. Not sure I figured this out.
Back to top Go down
Elliot03
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease     How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease  Icon_minitime1/7/2012, 2:30 am

Fish use the swim bladder to regulate buoyancy in the water, i.e. adjusting their relative weight to float without sinking or rising in the water. If the fish somehow gets an injury or disease to its swim bladder, regulating its buoyancy will be hard or impossible for the fish. A swim-bladder problem can therefore make the fish swim unnaturally and experience trouble keeping its buoyancy regulated. This can result in the fish laying on the bottom of the tank or floating on the surface. In less severe cases it can just seem like if the fish was drunk and having trouble keeping its balance. Swim bladder disease can be caused by a number of different causes but the most common causes are:

External factors: If the fish is subjected to external trauma it can affect their swim bladder. External trauma includes physical trauma such as being beaten by another fish, as well as rapid changes in the water parameters in their tank. A rapid temperature increase or decrease can as an example cause swim bladder disease.

Genetic factors: Some fish can be genetically predisposed to develop a deformed swim bladder when they grow older. This problem is usually a by product of line breeding by breeders trying to breed a certain trait in the fish such as long fins or certain colors. The predisposition is unwittingly being line breed along with the desired traits.

Cancer and TBC: Cancer and tuberculosis can cause swim bladder problems if they affect organs close to the swim bladder or the swim bladder itself.

Diet: Dietary problems such as poor nutrition can cause swim bladder disease as the fish don't get the nutrients they need. An improved diet can often help the fish recover, unless the problem has progressed too far. Poor diet can also lead to constipation which in turn can lead to swim bladder problem as the swelling of the abdomen prevent the swim bladder from working properly.

Diseases: Swim bladder disease can be a by-product of a number of different bacterial and parasitical infections in the fish.

The problem can usually be resolved by treating and resolving the problems listed above. Damages caused by external factors might be permanent and nothing to do about except kill the fish if it doesn't recuperate within a couple of weeks. You should also make sure that you give the fish their preferred environment if you discover swim bladder problems.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease     How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease  Icon_minitime1/7/2012, 11:06 am

Great info! usafishbox

**********USAfishbox.com*************

How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease  CMSIG

How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease  CAST-Sig

Say hello to my little friend

usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease     How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Treat Swim Bladder Disease
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Diseases and Disasters-
Jump to: