UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin

Go down 
+2
KMX
cshot312
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cshot312
Private
Private

WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Empty
PostSubject: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 11:31 pm

Hey everybody. Im new to this forum. Ive been looking for demasonis for about a month now. Ever since i started my tank. Its a 38 gallon. I currently have 4 in the tank with 2 yellow labs. The problem is that i had a lps order them for me and when i got them they didnt really look like pics that ive seen on the net. More of a purplelish pink look. And also 3 are very pale in color while one does have darker lines but not blue in the body. Anyways enough about that. Im just looking for decent looking ones to mix with mine. Im looking at about 4-6 more. Mine are 1.5 inches right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im from Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 7:55 am

Welcome!

Any pics of the fish?

Sometimes if you buy from Local fish stores the quality of the fish really sucks.

oh and I have a bunch of what you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 9:22 am

welcome usafishbox WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin 772341
Back to top Go down
cshot312
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 11:51 am

I will post pictures 2nite after work if i can figure out how to do it. How much you looking to get for some? How much is the average of shipping?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 11:56 am

I have about 40 of them ...still a little small to ship. Will be ready in about 2 weeks. The best blue I have seen. below is a video of the parents.

What is your location?

Click on pic for video.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cshot312
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 6:51 pm

Nice looking fishes. Wish mine looked like that. I'm in wisconsin. How big are the frys? Mine are about 1 inch+. I hate how shipping cost so much otherwise I could order online but you never know what you're going to get
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 8:31 pm

Here in usafishbox we are proud of our fish and you can find quality easy WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin 690297
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 11:32 pm

Shipping is easy. Around $25. Mine are about .5"-.75"

I know what I get when I order from people on here. Good quality and honest people.
Back to top Go down
cshot312
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 11:36 pm

Thats not too bad for shipping. So what are you looking for per fish? Like is said i am looking at 4-6 of them to make mine more happy.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/14/2011, 8:52 am

Once they are ready I will start at $5 each, then move up as they grow.
Back to top Go down
76dragon
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/14/2011, 6:20 pm

cshot312 wrote:
Thats not too bad for shipping. So what are you looking for per fish? Like is said i am looking at 4-6 of them to make mine more happy.

Not to be a downer. Never never add demasoni to a tank that already has them The new ones will get shredded in a couple days. I added larger ones to a 150 tank and they were all dead the next day.
Back to top Go down
cshot312
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/14/2011, 6:58 pm

Well my demasonis aren't too tough on eachother yet. Weird but my yellow lab controls the tank and keeps everyone in check.
Back to top Go down
cichlidlady
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
cichlidlady

Favorite Fish: : All African Cichlids but especially Demasoni

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/14/2011, 8:21 pm

Hey I never had that problem. I added about 10 to 15 one inch fry to my 135g with the adult dad and 2 moms and they quickly found out how to stay out of everyone's way.......also have lots of holey rock and artificial plants for them to hide in too. I've got about 30 other adult fish in there with them. Now I must add that when my large 5" female Venustus got ready to spawn she ate one whole and all I could see was a tale sticking out of her mouth.....don't quite know if she was trying to fatten up before holding or if one of the fry just irritated her and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was her first time holding and she let out her eggs and turned around and ate every single one of them........yeah I watched her do this and it was about 30 eggs!! She did this in circle passed on a flat rock.......it was crazy! Guess she said she didn't need a man.......lol!
Back to top Go down
cshot312
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/14/2011, 9:07 pm

Wow...guess she was really mad. So far no agrssion from my demasonis. Still small though about 1inch. They do get chase around a lot by my yellow lab.
Back to top Go down
cichlidlady
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
cichlidlady

Favorite Fish: : All African Cichlids but especially Demasoni

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime7/14/2011, 9:16 pm

I guess she was and she had just been fed too not like she was starving or somethin it was wild! All I could do was look with my jaw hanging....Hey I've had almost 25 in a 10g and another 15 in a 27g to grow out It may be that they grew up together from right out of momma's mouth I guess but they still get nippy with each other but nothing serious. As with all tanks the larger fish seem to let the others know they are top dog.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin   WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB Looking for some demasonis - Wisconsin
Page 1 of 1