UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My clowns are finally using the anemone!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

My clowns are finally using the anemone! Empty
PostSubject: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 5:45 am

I don't want to jinx anything, but my maroon clownfish are now happily frolicking in my conylactis anemone... and they said it couldn't be done! My nem is looking a little worse for the wear due to his wild ride down to my refugium, but seems to "enjoy" the company... I'll try to get pics soon, but it will be hard due to the nem making itself at home behind a piece of rock that kinda blocks the view, bummer- but it'll be OK.
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 7:12 am

yes Congrats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 1:30 pm

S&FW_FishyFriend wrote:
I don't want to jinx anything, but my maroon clownfish are now happily frolicking in my conylactis anemone... and they said it couldn't be done!

i have seen a sebae clown get into a condy before but it IS a RARE thing when a clown hosts a condy. you could get you a green bubbletip in norman oklahoma for 50.00 + tax from wet pets by steveand it will be at least 4" diameter when opened up.
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 2:51 pm

Thanks, but I think this is about all my little tank can support. It's only a 29 gal and the last thing I need is anemone warfare in a tank that small... I just imagine what the poor clowns would be thinking: this nem, no that one, too many choices!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 4:09 pm

S&FW_FishyFriend wrote:
Thanks, but I think this is about all my little tank can support. It's only a 29 gal and the last thing I need is anemone warfare in a tank that small... I just imagine what the poor clowns would be thinking: this nem, no that one, too many choices!

every time i put a nem in my tank the clowns seem like they are afraid of it but it once they discover it is a nem (usually take 30 minutes or less now) they jump in teh new one and leave the older ones alone.

why not get yourself a bubbletip, let the clowns find it and start using it and then as soon as they are into the bubbletip ditch the condy? My clowns are finally using the anemone! 690297
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 4:12 pm

I went through 3 different anemones before finding the right home for them.

My clowns are finally using the anemone! 101_0493
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 4:20 pm

nitty wrote:
I went through 3 different anemones before finding the right home for them.

My clowns are finally using the anemone! 101_0493

certain clowns have certain nem preferences, for example ocellaris (false percs) like bubbletips, long tentacles, and carpet nems) i did notice that my clowns prefer bubbletips over any of teh others which is why i tend to get bubbletips (i am glad to because i like the look of the bubbletips over the others lol! ). i went through a few before ine finally started hosting a nem but now every time i put on ein my tank it takes no more than 30 minutes for my clowns to find the new one and then they pretty much stick to the new nem (probably because every time i get a nem it is a little larger than the previous one)
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 5:20 pm

after they hosted in this one, I sold the others. I had one that moved all over the place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime10/22/2009, 1:00 am

my newest one liked to move but i rearranged a little rock to shade its foot (nems apparently dont like their foot to have light) and after that it hasn't moved again, and my other 2 have their foot in some crevises on a peice of rock and they dont move either.

for future reference if you have a nem that wont stay put try sheilding it foot from light by moving a little bit of rock around (that is if you havent already tried it).
Back to top Go down
shadowninja
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime1/29/2010, 5:18 pm

S&FW_FishyFriend wrote:
I don't want to jinx anything, but my maroon clownfish are now happily frolicking in my conylactis anemone... and they said it couldn't be done! My nem is looking a little worse for the wear due to his wild ride down to my refugium, but seems to "enjoy" the company... I'll try to get pics soon, but it will be hard due to the nem making itself at home behind a piece of rock that kinda blocks the view, bummer- but it'll be OK.

in captivity its possible for this to happen but in nature this would never happen. my tomatos hosted a carpet anemone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My clowns are finally using the anemone!   My clowns are finally using the anemone! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My clowns are finally using the anemone!
Page 1 of 1