UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

*! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!

Go down 
+14
jaiko1975
Jstump
Terry
dnphillips08
Jd.
Alton S
popebosephus
Zuly
Yeti
Ben
KMX
proyect01
Holey Rock of Texas
KingBichir
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

*! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime6/25/2011, 8:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is where you can find updates on all the CAST species spread out around the USA. All users will post there pics, videos, ect right here.

ENJOY!

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/1/2012, 11:34 pm

also moister from the tank can be an issue in the long run
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

Favorite Fish: : All Male 90G Peacock/Hap Tank

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/4/2012, 9:54 am

Guest wrote:
i hope he lives! where'd you get that basket? looks handy. i have a breeder fry box but that one looks nicer.

I picked these up for my pond years ago, I think at Lowes, by the pond stuff. They are used for pond plants.

Update: Our little guy in the basket did not make it. He jumped out and was beat pretty bad.

Has anyone had this happen to them?
Last night I was missing 1 of the 4 Greenwoodis left. I looked all over for him (4 are males). OMG he was in the plastic tube that covers the air hose in the sponge filter. I have never had this happen. Now he is in the basket that I covered with window screen material, grrrrrr. He is swimming around fine, but his eyes are swollen. He was in that tube, head first and who knows for how long. No more than 24 hours, since the last feeding.

These boys desperately need some females! crazy
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

Favorite Fish: : Hap sf Crossbar Yala Swamp

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/7/2012, 2:09 pm

Weekly update:
Male getting larger with more color
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The other four have this coloration so maybe I have one male and 4 females
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/7/2012, 10:34 pm

Looking great!
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/10/2012, 4:50 pm

My male has started to chase away 3 females from the front of the tank and lays on his side and wriggles sometimes bouncing off the sand substrate for the fourth who just hovers and watches...maybe signs of breeding.
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/10/2012, 4:50 pm

He has really colored up with the two fins on the underside almost jet black.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/10/2012, 4:53 pm

Thats great!Hopefully they breed soon!  *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/10/2012, 4:57 pm

Since I have bred only Endlers, Kribensis, and Swordtails so I am new to Cichlids...if possible, should i move the holding female to her own tank?
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/10/2012, 5:19 pm

Its up to you.Some people do and some don't.I leave the females in the original tank and just srip them when there ready!  *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/10/2012, 7:14 pm

i put them in there own tank if ones available if not they stay in there
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/10/2012, 10:20 pm

I use to remove the holding female to the release tank transporting her in a plastic container some ppl remove the males too
good luck with the breeding usafishbox
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/11/2012, 2:46 pm

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime1/28/2012, 11:05 pm

Still hoping to get some female Greenwoodis for my Boys. Can't breed with out them, LOL.

Anyone have any for CAST yet?

Thanks,
Zuly

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/4/2012, 12:13 pm

Bad new, I lost my mail yesterday...he was not breathing hard or anything except he did keep to a cave and did not come out as aggressively to feed the last week. My water parameters seem fine except that when I tested the water, NitrAtes were near 40 so I have changed my water change routine to keep it under 20. I am getting some small juveniles, about one inchers I think to hopefully get another male...any ideas?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/14/2012, 10:38 am

Anymore updates? I will update mine also.
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/14/2012, 10:41 am

I will update when I get home with pics. I don't have any females, I'm going out 6 and hopefully I get at least one.
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/14/2012, 11:55 am

Last Thrusday, I got 8, less than one inch, Crossbar Yala Swamps from Michigan...after the 24 hours, only four left, two were missing, two half bodies floating arround and one with a nipped tail...now, five days later, I still have the four and it looks like I have one male for sure and probably a second...final ratio is 2 males, 6 females. They look active and healthy, especially when they are in a tank with 4 large females...3 inches.
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/14/2012, 1:44 pm

Our 4 Velvet Blacks are doing great. They are all males for sure and are coloring up nicely. I had to seperate them because they where beating each other up and I didn't want to loose any more.

They are doing well in the community tanks untill I get my hands on some females.

Keep me posted if anyone has females available for CAST.

Thanks,
Zuly

usafishbox

Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/15/2012, 9:04 am

Good to hear zully! I hope to have more this spring.

Aspencer, I have more coming , A bunch around .75" Will send you some on the house b/c you are trying so hard. We have to reward the honest hard workers! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/15/2012, 3:22 pm

Cory, I appreaciate that but for now, the tank seems good...two small males holding their own and two females all around one inch...the four females from you are now almost 3 or more inches and looking great...here is a look at my tank...seems like plenty of hiding places...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/16/2012, 8:53 am

Tank looks great Aspencer!

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/16/2012, 2:38 pm

Looks A+!!!
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/21/2012, 9:12 am

Here is my first video...the four large females from Kory....four juveniles, 2 males and 2 females from Michigan, gvsailor who posted here a while back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/21/2012, 9:18 am

Looking great! I have many more on the way
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/21/2012, 12:16 pm

I guess I have to rely on the experts to tell me how many I should end up with in my tank.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/21/2012, 1:09 pm

I use 4 gallons x fish for breeding but is not a gold rule usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next