UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Need Help with Guppies

Go down 
+2
natikah
kinsol
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kinsol
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
kinsol

Need Help with Guppies Empty
PostSubject: Need Help with Guppies   Need Help with Guppies Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 2:30 pm

My neighbor has a tank with Guppies but he keeps telling they keep killing each other.
Are these guys aggressive towards each other?
He likes to keep no more than 5 in a 5g tank.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
natikah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
natikah

Favorite Fish: : fish, fish, fish

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Guppies   Need Help with Guppies Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 4:19 pm

No they are not aggressive to each other. I have 4 in a 10g and my 2 males chase each other but do not harm each other and the 2 females are so easy going.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Guppies   Need Help with Guppies Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 4:32 pm

I have a 10g with 9 males and they do just fine. Never had any of them kill the others.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Guppies   Need Help with Guppies Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 5:12 pm

Have a couple a bachelor pads and no issues with aggression
Back to top Go down
ardiswait
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Guppies

PostSubject: Guppies   Need Help with Guppies Icon_minitime6/19/2011, 7:38 am

Does she have any place for the fish to hide? They are not aggressive, unless she is not feeding them properly. Sometimes you have problems with them eating young. This doesn't happen if they are fed well and the babies have hiding places. I had 6 in a 20gal. 6 months later is was more like 106. Certainly not killing each other.
Back to top Go down
Ghost-Knife
Private First Class
Private First Class
Ghost-Knife

Favorite Fish: : Loaches, Bristle Noise Plecos, Ghost Knife, African Leaf Fish, Cory Cats, Rubber Lip Pleco, Bichars, Gar, Dragon Fish, Elephant Noise, Bumble Bee Cats, Discus, freshwater fish for now.... ;p

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Guppies   Need Help with Guppies Icon_minitime11/25/2011, 10:24 pm

I second everyones answers guppies are none aggressive, maybe her guppies are dieing from a diesease. I seem to think they tend to carry alot of them, just depending on where they were purchase as could be said with any fish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Guppies   Need Help with Guppies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Help with Guppies
Page 1 of 1