UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Not 1 30G tank, but 2!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

Not 1 30G tank, but 2! Empty
PostSubject: Not 1 30G tank, but 2!   Not 1 30G tank, but 2! Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 2:11 am

I bought a 30G tank on CL last week thinking I may try a species only tank for a change. My plan was to use a superb project report from another forum, to build a back drop, but try and make it have overhangs, and if possible caves. Not sure it's possible, but I'm thinking PVC pipe pushed into the deeper parts may be the reinforcement required to support the overhangs.

Anyway today was my first day off for a week, so I cleaned the limescale off, it had been used for snakes I think from the low water line, and filled it 2/3 with water, no signs of leaking. The light and canopy are good, some basic other stuff came with it, so a decent buy I thought.

Well we had to go into town, and called into Goodwill to look at their books and if there was maybe a small table to take the 30G (I'm going to use an Aquaclear 110 HOB, so no cabinet for a canister required), and what do I see? A damned near new 30G tank, with really clean light, small Tetra filter and a humungous vacuum .... for $25. Well darn it, I couldn't walk away from that now could I?

My girlfriend rolled her eyes, with that resigned air about her. And now I have 2 30G tanks.

Now where the hell can I put both of them I'm asking myself?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Not 1 30G tank, but 2!   Not 1 30G tank, but 2! Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 5:53 am

Haha sounds like you found yourself a pretty good deal.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Not 1 30G tank, but 2!   Not 1 30G tank, but 2! Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 6:29 am

Congratz on the find !! Not 1 30G tank, but 2! 265353
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Not 1 30G tank, but 2!   Not 1 30G tank, but 2! Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 7:51 am

Great deal!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Not 1 30G tank, but 2!   Not 1 30G tank, but 2! Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 9:35 am

Nice snag!! yes usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not 1 30G tank, but 2!   Not 1 30G tank, but 2! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not 1 30G tank, but 2!
Page 1 of 1