UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Guppies & Plattys?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
newby
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Bettas & Guppies

Guppies & Plattys? Empty
PostSubject: Guppies & Plattys?   Guppies & Plattys? Icon_minitime5/15/2011, 8:46 am

Been on google trying to find out some info on these guys, but I think I'd feel better talking to people who actually own and know about them.

My **plan** is to put a few guppies (2 males, 4 females) and some platys (2 males, 6 females) in my 55 gallon with a couple plecos. Would they be compatible?
Back to top Go down
jon31072000
Private First Class
Private First Class
jon31072000

Favorite Fish: : Hillstream Loach

Guppies & Plattys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guppies & Plattys?   Guppies & Plattys? Icon_minitime5/15/2011, 8:52 am

Yes, they should do fine together. Both are non-aggressive, community fish and livebearers at that. I have platties, mollies, and swords in a 55 and they do great. They used to be in 20 gallon before I got the 55 with a bunch of guppies and they never had any issues. I dont have any guppies in my 55 cause they multiply like rabbits and stay in my 20 gallon planted tank. There are actually 2 baby blue platties in my guppy tank from when the platties were in there. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
newby
Private
Private

Guppies & Plattys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guppies & Plattys?   Guppies & Plattys? Icon_minitime5/15/2011, 8:56 am

Will they do ok with the same pH levels & water hardness? Or do they require something too different to mesh the two?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

Guppies & Plattys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guppies & Plattys?   Guppies & Plattys? Icon_minitime5/15/2011, 9:57 am

Those 2 are fine to mix together. I keep platies and guppies along with a number of other fish all in a community tank. They will multiply pretty quickly in a tank that size.
Back to top Go down
newby
Private
Private

Guppies & Plattys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guppies & Plattys?   Guppies & Plattys? Icon_minitime5/15/2011, 10:51 am

Awesome! =)
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

Guppies & Plattys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guppies & Plattys?   Guppies & Plattys? Icon_minitime5/15/2011, 11:20 am

Personally keep guppys & platys together all the time, they do fine make good tankmates in a community
Back to top Go down
fishcool619
Private
Private

Guppies & Plattys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guppies & Plattys?   Guppies & Plattys? Icon_minitime5/23/2011, 1:45 am

yes there fine just be prepared for some frys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guppies & Plattys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guppies & Plattys?   Guppies & Plattys? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guppies & Plattys?
Page 1 of 1