Freshwater & Saltwater Aquatics Club
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

Freshwater & Saltwater Aquatics Club

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

HomeForumLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Share | 

Ocean Expo aquarium can be built off Interstate 10 in D’Iberville, MS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin

Favorite Fish:: African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Ocean Expo aquarium can be built off Interstate 10 in D’Iberville, MS   5/4/2011, 11:15 am

Ocean Expo aquarium can be built off Interstate 10 in D’Iberville.

$4.5M promissory note keeps project moving

By MARY PEREZ - meperez@sunherald.com

D’IBERVILLE -- A $4.5 million promissory note will secure property so Ocean Expo aquarium can be built off Interstate 10 in D’Iberville, city officials said.

After an hour-long executive session with the property owner, Ranco Development, the council unanimously voted to sign the note for the land on the southwest side of the intersection of interstates 10 and 110.

“This is part of the closing process,” city attorney W. Fred Hornsby III said.

He said the promissory note with the developer will cover the $4.5 million initial payment. The total cost of the 6½-acre site will be about $6.9 million, depending on carrying costs, he said.
Among the economic incentives to bring Ocean Expo to D’Iberville, the city agreed to pay for the site and a pipe to bring salt water from the Back Bay to the aquarium.
“Moving forward, the only question is if it’s going to be a $25 million facility or a $75 million facility,” Hornsby said. If the project gets some funding from BP, Hornsby said Ocean Expo will be a more elaborate attraction.

He said the promissory note will allow the city to close on the property within the next couple of weeks. The city is still working on what type of public funding -- possibly a bond or a loan -- will cover the note, he said. “The biggest thing is not holding up Ocean Expo,” he said.

**********USAfishbox.com*************

Expand the hobby!

Don't blame me, I voted RON PAUL !!

Back to top Go down

Ocean Expo aquarium can be built off Interstate 10 in D’Iberville, MS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1