UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

my angel is swimming funny

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

my angel is swimming funny Empty
PostSubject: my angel is swimming funny   my angel is swimming funny Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 2:16 pm

I bought an angel fish from the store yesterday and it was fine at the store. I got home and put the bag in the tank for about 20 mins. like always. when i took him out of the bag and still this mourning he been swimming on his side ranging from about 45 degrees to almost completly on his side. he eats and swims around good but just leaning to the side. Help i dont want to lose him. I have 4 other angels in the same tank and there fine.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: my angel is swimming funny   my angel is swimming funny Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 6:11 pm

you might want to take him out and quarantine him from the rest. other than this im not sure what could be wrong especially at such a sudden time period of bringing him home.
Back to top Go down
Taylor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylor

Favorite Fish: : Angels

PostSubject: Re: my angel is swimming funny   my angel is swimming funny Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 6:24 pm

KingBichir wrote:
I bought an angel fish from the store yesterday and it was fine at the store. I got home and put the bag in the tank for about 20 mins. like always. when i took him out of the bag and still this mourning he been swimming on his side ranging from about 45 degrees to almost completly on his side. he eats and swims around good but just leaning to the side. Help i dont want to lose him. I have 4 other angels in the same tank and there fine.

Thanks

Do you have a heater in the tank? Check the water and make sure everything is how it should be!
If no success I would take him back before he dies, maybe they will be able to save him.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: my angel is swimming funny   my angel is swimming funny Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 7:16 pm

yep always use a quarantine tank for any new fish....
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

PostSubject: Re: my angel is swimming funny   my angel is swimming funny Icon_minitime3/24/2011, 10:24 pm

thanks, i was reading some stuff online and i think its his swim bladder. I have him quarintined. when i got home from work he was swimming alot better. i read it could be from flake food being dry when he eats it but, idk i guess ill take him back tomarrow when i get off to see if they can help.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

PostSubject: Re: my angel is swimming funny   my angel is swimming funny Icon_minitime3/25/2011, 1:46 am

Not to jump your thread, but I am curious if salt help Angels when they get the bloat or bladder problems like it does for goldfish?

I hope he makes it.

Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my angel is swimming funny   my angel is swimming funny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my angel is swimming funny
Page 1 of 1