UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Reverse Osmosis / Deionization

Go down 
+2
popebosephus
maconbits
6 posters
AuthorMessage
maconbits
maconbits

Favorite Fish: : DISCUS

Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Empty
PostSubject: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime3/23/2011, 1:15 pm

i have been thinking about doing this to help with the water changes and top offs lol, Anyone have oneof these set ups? Post some pics and ideas.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime3/23/2011, 1:22 pm

Why? The only practical application is for your discus tank. If you use it with africans you'll have to buffer the hell out of the water to get the ph right. You can get pics and stuff from www.melevsreef.com
Back to top Go down
maconbits
maconbits

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime3/23/2011, 1:46 pm

it would be for the discus tank for sure i just have the chance to get a really nice set up for under 100 bucks si i figured it might be worth it
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime3/23/2011, 1:51 pm

if you have a split off from the DI canister, you can use it to filter drinking water. the DI I've heard is overfiltration for fw applications. Your tank inhabitants actually require some of the minerals that come in from your drinking water. If your fish are healthy now, I wouldn't mess with it unless you just want an ro/di setup, or if you're planning to go salt at some point.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime3/23/2011, 3:03 pm

i got one that i use to mix with my tap water....
i pay $1.50 per 5gallons... lol

Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Rowater
Back to top Go down
maconbits
maconbits

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime3/25/2011, 4:25 am

HAHA funny gator but none the less good idea, i dont know whats worse that you took the time to take and post the pic, or the face that i like the idea lol
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime3/25/2011, 4:34 am

Just had it on my phone lol
Back to top Go down
sunrisor
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime4/1/2011, 9:05 pm

I've been using distilled water (super market) in my 55g FW because my tap water is cr@p. We use RO for drinking/cooking.
Back to top Go down
Txredneck
Sergeant
Sergeant
Txredneck

Favorite Fish: :
Breeder of
Discus
Angels
Rams
S.A. Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime4/1/2011, 9:09 pm

you dont need R/O for sm Discus
only when you want to breed them
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime4/1/2011, 9:25 pm

CajunGator wrote:
i got one that i use to mix with my tap water....
i pay $1.50 per 5gallons... lol

Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Rowater

NIIIIIIIIIIICE!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime4/1/2011, 9:50 pm

only thing they dont deliver LOL
usafishbox
Back to top Go down
maconbits
maconbits

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime4/2/2011, 4:00 am

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Osmosis / Deionization   Reverse Osmosis / Deionization Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverse Osmosis / Deionization
Page 1 of 1