UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Harlequin shrimp:)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Harlequin shrimp:)   Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 3:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

here are my 2 new Harelquin shrimp acclimating.
they have been aclimating since 2pm today I will let them loose by 5pm
this evening. these are very cool shrimp I will get better pics later.
Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 034-7

**********USAfishbox.com*************

<*)))>{ <*)))>{ <*)))>{ <*)))>{
180 gallon mixed reef SPS dominant 75 gallon sump/fuge.
40 gallon anemone/softy tank 20 gallon sump/fuge.
Red sea max 250 Seahorse tank.
Silence is Golden but Duct tape is Silver.....
Having a saltwater tank without coral is like the Hells angels riding Mopeds*************************************
"The road to success is always under construction."
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
J*Hawk*83
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin shrimp:)   Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 1:50 pm

cwhip wrote:
no, I liked the Linkia but nature took its course after they had eaten most of the micro stars they naturally moved on to him. I have 2 large serpent stars in there as well so I'm wondering if they will eat them. anyway the main thing is they ate the stars that were eating my SPS and Zoas which are far more expensive than Linkias and harder to replace. the Harlequins are not like other shrimp they dont hide and are always entertaining to watch. the male was climbing the front glass the other day using the backs of snails as a ladder:) its also really surprising how strong they are like I said that Linkia was 4+inches tip to tip and I watched the smaller female drag him into her cave. I will be buying medium size stars and housing them in the sump then putting them in the DT as needed for the Harlequins.

Makes sense. I keep hearing other reef owners say the same about the pesky stars eating the zoas. I havent had a problem with that yet. But I have been wanting to get some Harlequins, but I'm worried that my Nigers will really enjoy them as a quick snack. lol!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin shrimp:)   Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 2:02 pm

I removed the micro stars for weeks with giant tweezer and they were multipling faster than I could remove them. there is no debate here of whether I liked the Linkia or not its just the circle of life and he was lower on the food chain, we build these glass cages and nature takes its course however I did think about housing him in the 40 but at his size he would have never had enough to eat and would have died a slow death.
J hawk you are right your trigger would make quick work of the Harlequins.

Having a saltwater tank without coral is like the Hells angels riding Mopeds*************************************
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin shrimp:)   Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 11:06 am

the Harlequins are still doing great, I hacked off a couple of starfish legs for them this morning and they didn't hesitate to grab it right out of my hand, the large one even faught off a large serpent star. so far the only problem I see to keeping these guy's is I have several one legged starfish in the sump. I did manage to get a couple pics of them eating.
Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 017-23-1
Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 016-25-1
Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 014-19-1

Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin shrimp:)   Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 1:19 pm

cool. really nice shrimp.

Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 Sig-HoleyRockcopy

www.holeyrockoftexas.com
Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 CAST-Sig
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin shrimp:)   Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 2:33 pm

They are so cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin shrimp:)   Harlequin shrimp:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequin shrimp:)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: Seahorses & All Invertebrates.-
Jump to: