UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Please Help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
anavywife
Private
Private
anavywife

Favorite Fish: : CiChlids, Kribensis, Xmas FuLu's, orange compressiceps, Brichardi,Frontosa

Please Help  Empty
PostSubject: Please Help    Please Help  Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 11:42 am

I just transferred all my cichlids into my 80 gallon tank the other day and my Jewels did this little dance looking thing and went behind the planet and stayed back there the both of them and I found it a bit odd as the person assured me they were both males ... Well I looked very closely and they are guarding eggs.. What do I do ???? will she pick them back up in her mouth when they hatch??? Should I remove the other cichlids from the tank or should I remove the Jewels only??? I have no clue as to what to do as I only wanted all males for a show tank I wasn't going to breed my fish... Any help would be great .... Thanks
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Please Help  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Help    Please Help  Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 12:09 pm

If you want to keep them, just remove the others back to their original tank. Then let the parents raise the fry until they're big enough for the local LFS to be interested. If you don't want offspring, leave everyone alone and the other cichlids will take care of disposal for you.

If you don't want this to happen again, figure out which is the female and remove her. I'm sure that there's plenty of breeders here who would gladly rehome her.
Back to top Go down
anavywife
Private
Private
anavywife

Favorite Fish: : CiChlids, Kribensis, Xmas FuLu's, orange compressiceps, Brichardi,Frontosa

Please Help  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Help    Please Help  Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 12:22 pm

Yea I am going to look into trading her for a male as I really don't want this to happen again... I'm really new to having Cichlids so breeding isn't a good idea just yet for us...

How long before the eggs hatch??? Also will she pick them back up once they hatch???

Thanks for all the help
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

Please Help  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Help    Please Help  Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 1:04 pm

i believe its 48-72 hours. and i also dont believe she will pick them back up

**********USAfishbox.com*************

Please Help  Pbucket
Back to top Go down
anavywife
Private
Private
anavywife

Please Help  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Help    Please Help  Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 1:07 pm

Thanks so much for all the info....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Please Help  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Help    Please Help  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: Breeding-