UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Assasin Snail.....Problem??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joepedraza83
Private
Private
joepedraza83

Favorite Fish: : Fancy Goldfish, Tiger Oscar

Assasin Snail.....Problem?? Empty
PostSubject: Assasin Snail.....Problem??   Assasin Snail.....Problem?? Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 3:16 pm

Hello people...here is my predicament....I recently become stupefied by snails (they're freaking awesome)...so I set up a small tank in which i put in Golden apple snails...well to my surprise I think one of them came with some babies inside it's shell (at least that's my hypothesis..because I know they lay eggs...and all of a sudden with no egg casting there are 3 little one's running around my tank)...anyway....I was ecstatic to say the least because SURPRISE!!!! you have cool little snails crawling around....so back to my problem.....when I set up the tank I only had 1 apple and when i bout the others I also bought another little snail with a cool looking yellow cone shell with black/brown bands around it and I what looks to be a little elephant's trunk on it.....well now as i did more research I found out that this little guy is a Anentome Helena AKA Assassin Snails ....I read it eats snails for a living lol.....well my question is are the baby apples safe with this guy around? they have been in the same tank for a while now and the babies are still crawling around....I also keep them well fed....so what should I do?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Assasin Snail.....Problem??   Assasin Snail.....Problem?? Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 3:28 pm

the assasin can and will eat other snails but not in a very fast manner. i would remove him to be safe tho.
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: Assasin Snail.....Problem??   Assasin Snail.....Problem?? Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 4:08 pm

Assasins will eat em if they can catch em...
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: Assasin Snail.....Problem??   Assasin Snail.....Problem?? Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 9:02 pm

Your assasin needs a new home. Do you have a planted tank that has too many pond snails in it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assasin Snail.....Problem??   Assasin Snail.....Problem?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assasin Snail.....Problem??
Page 1 of 1