UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New discus question.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

New discus question. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New discus question.   New discus question. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/21/2011, 9:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tonight I received 2 5"discus for free due to them having a fungus infection and the owner did not have time for them. He was going to freeze them tonight and I have the 50 tall ready so I took them. They are acclimating at the moment so no pics yet but should be within the next hour. What is the best med for fungus and discus anyone know?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: New discus question.   New discus question. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 8:27 pm

Well they turned black and just sitting on the bottom barely moving even when touch by a net so they are in the freezer now. I guess the move was too much for them in their condition.
Now the next step what do I do to clean the tank?
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: New discus question.   New discus question. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 9:31 pm

I would do a water change and for 2 to 3 weeks before you decide to watever you want.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: New discus question.   New discus question. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/22/2011, 9:53 pm

I'd love to jump in with judgement about the prior owner that let them get in that kind of shape... but.. all the fact aren't in so I can't say too much... perhaps a death in the family or something.. what ever... sorry for your loss ursala... Later this spring, bury them under a tomato plant.. they'll at least have served a purpose... dang uninformed owners.....
On a side note... I kinda feel the same way about people buying orchids... cuz they look so pretty in the store...6 weeks later I'm trying to revive them..if they give me a chance.... and that takes at least 2 years of growing season! Oh well.. Ya give it a good shot lady! Later...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New discus question.   New discus question. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New discus question.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2