UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Hello from Irving, TX

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

Hello from Irving, TX Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Irving, TX   Hello from Irving, TX Icon_minitime9/26/2009, 11:49 pm

My name is Tanya and I found this site thru an ad on CraigsList. I'm setting up a freshwater tank after 25 years of not having fish. I will be using the Eclipse filtration system as I don't like the look or noise of over-the-tank filters. I'm not sure what fish I'll be hosting. Would love to have discus again but not sure at this time. The tank is probably 22 gallons and I've already secured black gravel. I plan to paint the back glass black too and then I have a nice round rock that is white with black specs. I have secured a lot of artificial plants from an aquarium store in Carrollton. Not sure exactly how I'm going to design it yet as my husband still has to build the stand. I currently have a 5gal corner eclipse planted tank that I'm hosting a large snail, 5 ghost shrimps and 5 feeders and received a free pleco last weekend. Didn't want to spend too much in case I killed everything. Seems like aquarium keeping wasn't this difficult when I was in high school as I had oscars at one time, discus another as well as black mollies. Also had a dojo who would eat from my fingers - plan to get another one of those whenever I get the big tank up and cycled. See that's another thing I never heard of before....cycling your tank. Heck I just put water in a 10-gallon, dropped in the chlorine remover and aclimated the fish to the temp and 15 minutes later all were swimming happily. I've taken enough of your time but thanks for welcoming me. I'll probably be asking a lot of dumb questions as I get going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Irving, TX   Hello from Irving, TX Icon_minitime9/27/2009, 12:17 am

welcome2
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Irving, TX   Hello from Irving, TX Icon_minitime9/27/2009, 12:23 am

The only dumb question is the one not asked! Welcome...
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Irving, TX   Hello from Irving, TX Icon_minitime9/27/2009, 7:57 am

welcome2

This is just me but I would go with some small Cichlids ;0)
Either way just let us know how its going and post some pics dance

Last edited by KMX on 9/27/2009, 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Irving, TX   Hello from Irving, TX Icon_minitime9/27/2009, 8:40 am

TanyaQ2000 wrote:
My name is Tanya and I found this site thru an ad on CraigsList. I'm setting up a freshwater tank after 25 years of not having fish. I will be using the Eclipse filtration system as I don't like the look or noise of over-the-tank filters. I'm not sure what fish I'll be hosting. Would love to have discus again but not sure at this time. The tank is probably 22 gallons and I've already secured black gravel. I plan to paint the back glass black too and then I have a nice round rock that is white with black specs. I have secured a lot of artificial plants from an aquarium store in Carrollton. Not sure exactly how I'm going to design it yet as my husband still has to build the stand. I currently have a 5gal corner eclipse planted tank that I'm hosting a large snail, 5 ghost shrimps and 5 feeders and received a free pleco last weekend. Didn't want to spend too much in case I killed everything. Seems like aquarium keeping wasn't this difficult when I was in high school as I had oscars at one time, discus another as well as black mollies. Also had a dojo who would eat from my fingers - plan to get another one of those whenever I get the big tank up and cycled. See that's another thing I never heard of before....cycling your tank. Heck I just put water in a 10-gallon, dropped in the chlorine remover and aclimated the fish to the temp and 15 minutes later all were swimming happily. I've taken enough of your time but thanks for welcoming me. I'll probably be asking a lot of dumb questions as I get going.

welcome

There are no dumb questions when you don't know the answer. Members here like answering questions, and without sarcasm. ask away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Irving, TX   Hello from Irving, TX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Irving, TX
Page 1 of 1