UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Discus are not hard to keep

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Txredneck
Sergeant
Sergeant
Txredneck

Favorite Fish: :
Breeder of
Discus
Angels
Rams
S.A. Cichlids

Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime2/6/2011, 7:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello My name is Jon ,(TxRedneck)
I have been on this site watchin and postin some times
and some people say that Discus are hard to keep
Here's some pics of mine
My breeder tanks
Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 FISHROOM116
Spawnin
Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 TEFEBreeder020
breeder with babies
Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 BB0151
Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Bb010-1
little ones
Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 NIEVE009
its not hard
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 11:05 pm

hes stressed, hes purking back up eating, i moved alot of , got rid alot plants and that stressed them out. i never had any problem, it 6.0ph but my 100 is 7.8 bc of the argonite sand
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 11:11 pm

Heya sugar.. (pillerox1).. I'm retired and can babysit your discus all day.. Send them on up! <grin>...
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 11:17 pm

lol, my 6 wild caught discus 3 are roi nanay green wild from peru, 2 rio purus blue from brazil. paid 300 for them, lol. if you want to come down here and watch them but they wont be going anywhere besides my 100 which im going to do this week but very nervous bc they stress very easily.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

PostSubject: Re: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 11:31 pm

Lady.. you've a champagne life and I've got a beer budget! LOL I'll have to peek around this site to see your fish! (I do give good Karma in my man-cave..... Vixen can vouch for it... she visited a few weeks ago to pick up some plants we ordered)... She had to visit the 3 angels i horse traded from her!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 12:06 am

Bill don't worry we'll get you some beer budget discus somehow. lol!
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 7:37 am

lol, all my discus are from local breeders except my wilds and that was my biggest purchase and made me go poor. it was hard to get back up where i can pay all my bills without asking my boyfriend lol. no champagne for me, i drink wine coolers lol and live in a 1 bedroom apartment with way to many animals to be legal lol.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

PostSubject: Re: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 10:24 am

Well, keep it up lady! Pets never let ya down! Well... my big white girl did grab my pants off the hamper a few nights ago.. chewed thru a pocket to get to my business card wallet... 1/2 the cards now are missing one corner and the leather wallet was in pieces. For some reason this girl doesn't like my belt loops, "care tags" on my shirts, buttons above the fly on my pants... and the heels of my shoes! But I still love her!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 1:37 pm

Mine do just fine in a PH of 7.5 and a GH of around 8.
Wild ones are a different story and you need to go with the 'wild' water parameters. But all of the color strains have been here so long and hyave been bred and raised in sane water conditions.
So in summery yes they do fine in most water. keep it at 7.5PH or lower and keep your hardness in the lowish range and you will do just fine!
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

PostSubject: Re: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/18/2011, 9:48 am

keep the water changes up, and the ph balanced... I used plano water with 7.8-8.2 ph when I had discus no problem... all I did was use some peat, in the trash can that I got new, and aged the water for 24 waters, with prime and a heater at 84.
only did 25% a week, and did a barebottom tank...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discus are not hard to keep   Discus are not hard to keep - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discus are not hard to keep
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Discus-
Jump to: