UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Coral safe fish?

Go down 
+3
alkomist
wildbeanerz
Demonkegman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 9:38 pm

Wife has been buggin me about my tank looking boring... not enough color.

And i know with the fish and Starfish i have, anemones and soft corals are dead in a night. BUT can i get a hard coral with color, one that they couldn't really nip at cuz it's too hard?

I have a HUGE maroon clown(4 in), foxface(3 in), spotted rabbit fish(5 in), cleaner wrasse(1 in), and a copper banded butterfly(2 in)

also 3 starfish... african, chocolate and a linckia.

would the starfish eat them, i worried about them the most... or my turbo snails, they both ate some frags i got for free...
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 10:21 pm

come on my salty friends...
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 10:35 am

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this one. But here's a bump sign for ya!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 10:51 am

idk if you get a hard coral mostly SPS you would have to get a BIG A$$ colonie of it. that way it can take a beating and still look nice and recover so you cant tell its been nipped at
but i can tell you itll be Extremely hard to find such a colonie of any sps
and its going to be EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!
get a lunare Wrass!!! they have awsome color on em!
or change fish set ups and go reef!!!
Back to top Go down

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 7:57 pm

spotted rabbit fish, also 3 starfish... african, chocolate and a linckia.
Those I am not familiar with. Every other fish listed is fine with coral.

If you want to try something cheap looks for some pulsing zinnia, it grows like mad, has a nice pinkish color and it pulses!
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 9:52 pm

chocolate stars are not reef safe.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/29/2011, 7:51 am

Demonkegman wrote:
Wife has been buggin me about my tank looking boring... not enough color.

And i know with the fish and Starfish i have, anemones and soft corals are dead in a night. BUT can i get a hard coral with color, one that they couldn't really nip at cuz it's too hard?

I have a HUGE maroon clown(4 in), foxface(3 in), spotted rabbit fish(5 in), cleaner wrasse(1 in), and a copper banded butterfly(2 in)

also 3 starfish... african, chocolate and a linckia.

would the starfish eat them, i worried about them the most... or my turbo snails, they both ate some frags i got for free...

alot of what you listed are boarderline at best.
you need to make up your mind what you want. a simple to keep reef with colorful softies/leathers and zoa's or a fish only tank you are trying to mix things that just dont mix.
here's what you have that are reef safe maroon clown,cleaner wrasse, linckia,turbo.
SPS are difficult to keep you must have very stong lighting,good flow and pristine water quality SPS are small polyp stoney the fish that are not reef safe will clean the flesh from a SPS coral like you eating corn on the cob. why dont you post a pic so we can see what you have and you decide where you want to go with your tank.
also what kind of light are you using on your tank? lighting plays a huge roll in how your tank looks.
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 7:36 pm

cwhip you always have the answers hahaha, not that everyone else doesn't!!!! lol! annyways, i totally know i need to make up my mind and mixing just isn't right. i just want the best of both worlds. and i can't ditch half my fish cuz they are like 5 years old and hold a place in the heart ( got them from a freind about a year ago... means a lot to keep them)
Back to top Go down
Aquatic-Haven
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aquatic-Haven

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 8:21 pm

Looks like it's time to setup a new salt tank
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 9:31 pm

lol! Coral safe fish? 858205 yes
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

Favorite Fish: : black false percula, spotted mandarin

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 11:47 pm

coral wise you should be good as long ad you get rid od the chocolate chip star, linka will be fine. And LPS softies and zoas/shrooms should be fine as long as you do your homework and get compatible corals. You have a pretty large fish load for a 60 gal, (assuming theyre pretty much full grown) so LPS/soft would probably work better being that they are (generally more forgiving and tolerating than SPS's which require pretty much perfect water high calcium and very strong lighting.

55 reef: spotted mandarin, maroon clown/sebae anem, lawnmower blenny, pinkbar shrimp goby with tiger pistol shrimp, long spine sea bunny, 2 crocea clams

with 1trachy, 2 small colonies of acans, orange halloween lobo, green pearl bubble, some zoas/ star polyps etc, cleaners...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coral safe fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coral safe fish?   Coral safe fish? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coral safe fish?
Page 1 of 1