UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

My yellow tang is one mean SOB.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
edub
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
edub

Favorite Fish: : Volitian Lion Fish ,EEls

My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Empty
PostSubject: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 11:51 pm

I was just watching tank and noticed that my y tang went from fish to fish picking on every fish.He's picking on a trigger ,tomato clown and damsels.My big volition ties to bite his head off andthe y tang tries cutting his face up and swims circles around him non stop. I love that mean yellow fish. My yellow tang is one mean SOB. 690297
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime1/21/2011, 4:05 am

Sounds kind of fun to watch but I would also keep a close eye on your other fish for signs of stress from his behavior..... Can someone move this post to where it goes in the SW section? :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime1/21/2011, 5:45 am

Topic moved to Saltwater Fish
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime1/21/2011, 7:13 am

Thanks Vixen!!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime1/21/2011, 8:37 am

sounds like an unhappy Tang to me.....

**********USAfishbox.com*************

<*)))>{ <*)))>{ <*)))>{ <*)))>{
180 gallon mixed reef SPS dominant 75 gallon sump/fuge.
40 gallon anemone/softy tank 20 gallon sump/fuge.
Red sea max 250 Seahorse tank.
Silence is Golden but Duct tape is Silver.....
Having a saltwater tank without coral is like the Hells angels riding Mopeds*************************************
"The road to success is always under construction."
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Fish

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 11:15 am

i have a yellow tang in a 55 along with two yellowtail damsels... no aggression issues at all. everyone is well fed. they all have spots to hide in the live rock. have a great clean up crew and 2 corals growing. water changes of 20ish gallons every 2 weeks.

that's what I do anyway and they stay fine. i feed spiriluna flakes, brine shrimp, and shrimp pellets.

i hope it helped somehow.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 11:18 am

for now but he will soon be unhappy in that small of tank.

Having a saltwater tank without coral is like the Hells angels riding Mopeds*************************************
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 11:27 am

^^i agree
tangs need a tank of at least (and its pushing it) 75gs. and the most youl prolly be able to keep happy in their woul be like 1. or 2 small ones
Edub: how big is your tank?
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 11:36 am

the tank he's referring to is a heavily stocked 125
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 11:43 am

ok then you good

maybe you just bought a douchebag tang?
Back to top Go down
jt_milstead
Private First Class
Private First Class
jt_milstead

Favorite Fish: : Picasso Percula Clowns,Moorish Idoal

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 1:00 pm

YT's are notorious for being aggressive. It could be because of tank size, over population, not enough food etc. Do you leave Nori for the tang to graze on?
Back to top Go down
jlee
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 8:07 pm

jt_milstead wrote:
YT's are notorious for being aggressive. It could be because of tank size, over population, not enough food etc. Do you leave Nori for the tang to graze on?
my yellow tank is the same way he goes after even the biggist fish in my tank .but then they have days were they all get along.lol like a school playground
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 2:54 am

remember every fish in your tank wants to be the only fish. these fish come from all over the world and most don't live together in nature so over stocking a 125 gallon tank or a tank thats too small all contribute to an unhappy fish in your case its the Tang. people go and buy these fish when there 2 inches and stick them in 55 gallon tank and expect them to be happy for the long term only to find as the Tang grows he also gets more aggressive these fish can reach 8 inches.
people really need to start doing their reseach.

Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 9:30 am

^ this
Back to top Go down
QuailvalleyJerms
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Africans

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime5/15/2011, 9:46 pm

my yellow tang use to beat up my lion fish, he broke off almost all his tentacles. I was almost certain he would end up getting stung and end up floating but the lion was terrified of it, unfortunately my salt water tank sprung a small leek and i ended up giving all my fish away to an old coworkers son who worked at a local pet shop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My yellow tang is one mean SOB.   My yellow tang is one mean SOB. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My yellow tang is one mean SOB.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: Saltwater Fish-
Jump to: