UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

types of bugs and what not in SW???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

types of bugs and what not in SW??? Empty
PostSubject: types of bugs and what not in SW???   types of bugs and what not in SW??? Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 10:10 pm

first off i wanna say i can find these answers quick and easy online... but i like to start the convos here so we all learn...

Anyways i got TINY little bugs in my SW tank.... they look like centipedes with long antenna... about the size of a pin head and the biggest one is like 4 put together... 4 pin heads i guess lol.. there are like 20 of the4m and only in this one area... a picture is IMPOSSIBLE... so hard to see with the naked eye...

what do you guys think? common? a problem... i mean i can easily suck them up lol but i like finding new things.
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

PostSubject: Re: types of bugs and what not in SW???   types of bugs and what not in SW??? Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 10:17 pm

i aslo see a string, about the size of a spider web strung across one area inside the rock... about and inch long and going down the string is dots.. like eggs or something... and i trippin or hoping and it's really nothing hahaha... i know it can't be fish eggs but something to do with these bugs?
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: types of bugs and what not in SW???   types of bugs and what not in SW??? Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:01 am

I have no clue....but I am interested in finding out! Maybe a parasite that was on a plant or rock. Maybe water from another place? I don't keep sw. But I saw the same kinda thing at petsmart the other day....are they white? The ones I saw were.... almost like a slug.
Kin
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: types of bugs and what not in SW???   types of bugs and what not in SW??? Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 9:01 am

I'm not sure on the 'bugs' probably a pod of some sort.

The string though...it is orangish with bluish dots down it? If so I bet if you dig in the sand where it goes there is a worm in there and lots more strings. I have lots of these spaghetti worms. They eat leftovers in the tank. Some have even moved out of the aragonite onto the LR.
Back to top Go down
bkozolup
Sergeant
Sergeant
bkozolup

Favorite Fish: : Chrysurus angel fish

PostSubject: Re: types of bugs and what not in SW???   types of bugs and what not in SW??? Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 9:06 pm

the string is dietrius from worms it is almost like cobwebs . The bugs could be copepods.or baby cowries. Set your alarm for say 3 am take a flashlight to your tank put a piece of saran wrab that is red if you dont have any color the saran wrap or your flashlight with a red sharpie. The red light will not startle your fish . You will be amazed at all the critters at night time and slugs snails that come out.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: types of bugs and what not in SW???   types of bugs and what not in SW??? Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 2:44 am

here's a nice site that may help you ID some of your critters.
http://www.melevsreef.com/id/

**********USAfishbox.com*************

<*)))>{ <*)))>{ <*)))>{ <*)))>{
180 gallon mixed reef SPS dominant 75 gallon sump/fuge.
40 gallon anemone/softy tank 20 gallon sump/fuge.
Red sea max 250 Seahorse tank.
Silence is Golden but Duct tape is Silver.....
Having a saltwater tank without coral is like the Hells angels riding Mopeds*************************************
"The road to success is always under construction."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: types of bugs and what not in SW???   types of bugs and what not in SW??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

types of bugs and what not in SW???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: Diseases and Disasters-
Jump to: