UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)

Go down 
+15
halnick
jessecichlidguy
Cohazard
J*Hawk*83
cwhip
Demonkegman
hatman
wildbeanerz
popebosephus
istrober
CajunGator
mike205
BFinley
08can-am
alkomist
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 4:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Most Recent FTS
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 K1uoeu
current FTS
ok so i decided to bite the bullet (the wifey gave me the ok)
i went and got a 5.5g tank(pico) and am going salt with this ish!
im going to put on top of my dresser and hope it holds(it should lol)
my plans for this pico are maybe to get a cpl sexy shrimp or maybe a shrimp and goby combo!
Equipment:
5.5g glass tank
marinland stealth 50W heater
Cheap O 20g filter
Knano (240gph)
(MAYBE going throw my HOB fuge behind it to add more water volume)

Lighting:
par38 12,000K with 60 degree optics

Other:
5lbs of LS
and 5lbs of base rock
going to put bout 2lbs of LR to seed the rocks once its wet:)

Stock:
whatever Corlz i can get
shrooms
Zoas
some acans
whatever
pope said he might have some stuff for me when tank is ready;)

CUC:
typical turbo snail
Hermits
etc

Most Current FTS
(plz excuse the smuges on the glass my doughter got her slobery hands all over the front of the tank! i cant seem to get it off! lol)
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Sqqq10

Last edited by alkomist on 3/7/2011, 3:26 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/11/2011, 11:54 am

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Dsc00720

just thought id post anpther pic of my FS open
right after a 60% WC:)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 9:36 am

just wanted to post some recent params
tank is doin well, although i have been gettin a lil GHA bloom on a rock. its hard to syphon out and scrape off. also been noticing some long green feather looking things around the rocks and sand, theyre really hard to get a pic of
any thoughts as to why im getting GHA? and any suggesstions on how i can get rid of it?
also iv heard of GHA sme how making the tests read 0 trates could this be happening now?

Temp.: 76F
Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Phosphate: 0
Calc: round 460
Kh: 7
pH: ~7.9
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 11:17 am

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 684854
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/21/2011, 11:12 am

NEWPIX
ok i came home last griday to my wife completely rescaping my tank Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 196631
at 1st i was like WTF!!!!!!!?!?!?!
but then i saw how everything started coming together! i was liking it and was even more happy when i noticed how into everything she was
i knew i would get her to like reefing with me lol
anyways she tells me that we gota go pick up some corals she saw on CL that that day so off we went and got a cpl zoas the wifey liked
idk what kind they are dude called em rasta zoas which i highly doubt(iv seen em b4)
i think their more in the eagle and alien eye catagory maybe you guys can help? not the best pics but yeah
ALSO!!!!!! if you look closely on one of the new Zoa rocks(2nd pic) you can see a hitchiker clam:) ITS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!! healthy and everything responds to light and closes up when lights are shadowed
anyways heres some pics of the wifes rearangements i like it hope you guys do too:)

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Dsc00721

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Dsc00722

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Dsc00723

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Dsc00724
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/21/2011, 11:44 am

is their no love for mini reefs:(  Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 81851
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/21/2011, 1:56 pm

Nice new zoas! It looks good. But honestly I like the scaping the old way. :)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/21/2011, 2:08 pm

lolmy wife would kill me if i told her that LOL

i actually like it more for my FS they seem alot more happy up their were theyre at!
and i feel theirs more room for a fish (which ppl will hate me for when i get)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/21/2011, 2:15 pm

Hey if she took her time and likes it that's all that matters. No tank ever stays the same they are added to or subtracted from all the time unless It's a show tank that someone has as furniture! lol!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/21/2011, 2:16 pm

im prolly the only dude with a 5.5g "showtank" lol
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/21/2011, 5:33 pm

Looking good alk. I will have to get some new pics of mine up soon. I have been absent from here but have got some new frags as well.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/21/2011, 11:03 pm

thanks!
post pix of you new frags! would love to see em:)
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 6:46 pm

So when are you upgrading to a bigger tank?
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

Favorite Fish: : Discus..

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 7:42 pm

Super cool, makes me want to set one up!

$$$
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 4:08 pm

08can-am wrote:
So when are you upgrading to a bigger tank?

;) as soon as i get my 250W MH for this hammer coral

then BOOM!!!!
i already have space for my 20L
so maybe somtime during the weekend!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 12:17 pm

stay tuned folks for new pics of alks ghettotope  Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 40637
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 2:26 pm

ok so i havent posted any pics of the tank recently
well ivbeen busy collecting corlz and moving!
i found a bigger place (bigger not BIG) so i finally have room for a 20L thats in the proccess of beeing planed. im just waitng on a light for it then i cn start it

so far my pico has been comming along nicely. i traded the tri color acro for some candy canes and a brain coral.
i also traded my neon green hydnophora and a pink on pink branching hammer with 2 heads for for a 250W metal halide

i also ended uptrading some coral for a 1.5" white striped maroon clown ( my wife named her ruby. shes awsome and has tons of personality. she eats right off my finger tips. shes fat healthy and very active!. im hoping shell take to my Frogspawn or a torch coral imma be getting this saturday

its taking me a while to upload pics so for now heres one of ruby:)
plz enjoy while i add the rest

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 2vtnnmr
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 3:24 pm

ok so iv added some things and taken some out
the Koralia nano is out (too much flow and corlz didnt like it)
i switched heaters and again rearanged everything in the tank exept the rock pile on the left i hope you all enjoy and comment plz
thanks
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 K1uoeu
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 2u9js01
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 4ilmps
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 18bw3p
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 2je9qbt
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 1t4eo7
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 2dvs9ol
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 33y12xj
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 2vxjdbb
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

Favorite Fish: : Discus..

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 7:03 pm

Man, looks great.. I love Ruby.. I am going to have to break down and setup a 10 gallon or something in that range..

fish
Back to top Go down
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

Favorite Fish: : discus arowana cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 9:24 pm

luv the maroon clown and the star polyps looks awesom
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 4:24 am

looking good!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 6:51 am

Looks great Alk!

What is this?
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 18bw3p
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 7:04 am

that looks like a small blue spot mushroom.
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Blue_Spot_Mushroom_Ps
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 7:27 am

Oh cool! It's shape is what threw me off I guess! :)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 9:00 am

i got it as a superman mushroom
i heard some one else call it s galaxy mushroom kinda funky lol
i have em all over my tank! i started off with like 6 dime sized ones and now i have lik 12 of em
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 9:07 am

also thanks every one for the comments:)
ruby is fat and happy always playing in the flow of my powerhead
and the star polyps have actually doubled in siz since i got em
i have some Rics in their too but have yet to get pics of em!

thanks again:)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/1/2012, 12:14 pm

Man i miss my ghettotope:( cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next