UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)

Go down 
+15
halnick
jessecichlidguy
Cohazard
J*Hawk*83
cwhip
Demonkegman
hatman
wildbeanerz
popebosephus
istrober
CajunGator
mike205
BFinley
08can-am
alkomist
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 4:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Most Recent FTS
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 K1uoeu
current FTS
ok so i decided to bite the bullet (the wifey gave me the ok)
i went and got a 5.5g tank(pico) and am going salt with this ish!
im going to put on top of my dresser and hope it holds(it should lol)
my plans for this pico are maybe to get a cpl sexy shrimp or maybe a shrimp and goby combo!
Equipment:
5.5g glass tank
marinland stealth 50W heater
Cheap O 20g filter
Knano (240gph)
(MAYBE going throw my HOB fuge behind it to add more water volume)

Lighting:
par38 12,000K with 60 degree optics

Other:
5lbs of LS
and 5lbs of base rock
going to put bout 2lbs of LR to seed the rocks once its wet:)

Stock:
whatever Corlz i can get
shrooms
Zoas
some acans
whatever
pope said he might have some stuff for me when tank is ready;)

CUC:
typical turbo snail
Hermits
etc

Most Current FTS
(plz excuse the smuges on the glass my doughter got her slobery hands all over the front of the tank! i cant seem to get it off! lol)
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Sqqq10

Last edited by alkomist on 3/7/2011, 3:26 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 2:13 pm

more pix of the tank
if you look closely you can see the start of my shroom garden in the far right corner
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Dsc00712
frog spawn not fully open yet
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Dsc00713
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 2:34 pm

Lookin good Alk!! yes
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 3:39 pm

Looks awesome! I love the color of those frogspawn!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 5:27 pm

thanks! i preciatate the comments
imma try and get some pix pics of them fully expanded!
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 6:35 pm

lookin good. I got a really sweet looking frogspawn over the weekend. But it did not survive 30 hours in a box. It started melting once i got home. But someone local has some they are going to give me.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/2/2011, 10:50 am

dang wered you get it from?
it should have melted in that much time........
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/3/2011, 2:33 pm

just got some new pieces to add to my collection:)
some unknown(to me) zoas
nice sized GSP frag
and a cple Blue and Green shrooms:)
will update with more pics as soon as corlz have acclimated and are opened:)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 5:51 pm

bump!
idk if my GSP made it and im hoping my new zoas make it
the guy who shipped em didnt put a heat pack in the box so yea.....
i hope over the weekend they open
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 5:58 pm

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 165198 lol
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 6:00 pm

lol thanks:)
i will hopefully post more pix after the weekend
hows your tank doin man? havent seen any recent pix of it
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 6:09 pm

dude i have been workin a lot of 12 hours days... a can barely clean the thing.... lol but my birthday is on the 28th. hoping to get a powder blue tang.. and maybe a huma huma trigger. then my tank will be complete!!!! lol or good enough to chill and maybe start a small reef tank.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 6:19 pm

nice!!!!!
keep us updated! try and make the next meeting!
jesse andbbandu (larry) can get you a sick hook up on any SW fish!
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/4/2011, 6:25 pm

I'll try.. I'll tell you now i'm a flake so sorry hahaa... you got a 110 gal for sale?
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/7/2011, 9:48 am

dude come on!! seriously? lol
i can consider selling it............ill PM you
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/9/2011, 2:33 pm

NEW PIX!!!!!
just got some new corlz and am goin to upload them!
takes a bit though so plz check in , in a bit:)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/9/2011, 3:23 pm

heres a cpl pix pics of the tank again
i got some gsp , weird zoas, and some more shrooms
the frogspawn in the pic is still a lil pissed off becuz of the water change right befor i took thee pics. you can even see the stingers on the sps. they wee also a lil Pissed off due to the WC
enjoy and plz comment:)
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Dsc00714
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Dsc00715
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Dsc00716
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Dsc00717
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Dsc00718
and another FTS of the tank
i hate my camera!!! it sux and can never capture the true colors of the tank and corlz!
 Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Dsc00719
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 8:44 am

I love the color of you GSP in the first pic! Mine is faded out looking right now. Yours is very nice green. Maybe it's the difference in our lighting systems.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 9:23 am

these things get mad real easy. i hate how they shrivel up. i dont have one good picture of them fully open!
try running some actinic with your daylight bulbs...more actinic if you already do
more blue will make colors pop

my par38 only has 2 blue LEDS theother 3 are white

how big is you frog spawn? you have any pics of it?
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 9:48 am

No frogspawn :( .... yet! :)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 11:48 am

i thought you said you had one?
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 12:15 pm

Nope, never. I want to get one but am waiting for some warmer weather for shipping. Unless I find one at my LFS.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 12:17 pm

Hmm i must have read the post wrong lol my bad
you said GSP

check CL
thats how i got mine;)
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 4:31 pm

Watch that hydonophora up top it has a stong sting toward other corals.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 4:58 pm

yea i know! but in the original ta it was in ,it was literally no less than " away from the tri colored acro!
so far theyre both ok
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime2/11/2011, 11:54 am

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Dsc00720

just thought id post anpther pic of my FS open
right after a 60% WC:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)    Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alks 5.5 Ghettotope (New pix of maroon clown and new corals on page 12)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next