UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

double 55 tank stand plans?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Fish

double 55 tank stand plans? Empty
PostSubject: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime11/29/2010, 12:43 am

A friend said he'd help me build a tank stand... I was wondering if there's any good plans floating around out there for that...

my second question is... I wonder if I could do a double 55 gallon stand and somehow include a spot for a 29 gallon or something like that just for more variety...
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime11/29/2010, 9:34 am

inorder to include a 29 as well you would either need a really tall stand or a 6" long one. good luck keep us posted. i have a built a few tank stands with krister you if all else fails you might want to send him a pm.
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime11/29/2010, 10:50 am

i found this
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/Double_55_diy_pt1.php

if I was able to build a dual 6ft long one, would i be able to run 2 29 gallons? one to the left of each 55?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime11/29/2010, 1:42 pm

That's a well built stand and would be an easy build. For 6 ft I would add either corner or center brace. The center brace though may interfere with a 55 on the bottom
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

Favorite Fish: : Betta, Pacu, Clown Loach, Alfbn Pleco, Yellow Fin Barb (Lemon Barb), White Fin Rosy Tetra, Congo Tetra, more

PostSubject: Re: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime11/29/2010, 2:22 pm

That stand looks like overkill IMO, and something like that would turn out to be very heavy, especially if 6' long!

I'm one that always says a normal cabinet stand for a tank seems like it is not enough support, but this one just seems like way too much.

Simple plan though and easy directions, and sure, better safe than sorry.

Anyway, a 29g is 30" long, so to have a 29g next to a 55g the stand would need to be 6 1/2' long.
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime11/29/2010, 11:03 pm

talkin to my friend now we're gonna build a dual 55 gallon tank stand. he said 2x4 is cheap get like 20 bucks worth and i should be good does that sound right?
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime11/30/2010, 12:13 am

http://livebearers.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=621

This is kinda what i used to build my racks...remember 2x4 on end (short side top and bottom) are much stronger than if they are side ways. Also take into account that tanks are 48" but the actual measurements with the black fram can be anywhere from 48 1/2" to 48 3/4" .
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime11/30/2010, 7:48 pm

Wife killed the dual 55 idea but maybe I can push for a smaller second tank
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime11/30/2010, 7:49 pm

2 x 20 gallon high fit under a 55 real nicely lol
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime11/30/2010, 8:10 pm

Said itll look like a zoo lol second tank is pushing my luck I'm gonna try for a 29
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: double 55 tank stand plans?   double 55 tank stand plans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

double 55 tank stand plans?
Page 1 of 1