UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Hello from Henrico Virginia

Go down 
+5
Elrollo
D'Claro
jaiko1975
KMX
Marlboro Red
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Marlboro Red
Private
Private
Marlboro Red

Favorite Fish: : marlboro red discus followed by lepord wrasse

Hello from Henrico Virginia Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 6:43 am

hello all just joined after finding it on the local Clist..little bit about me in my second go around with saltwater currently have a 150 gallon tall reef and a 30 gallon cube...past dealing freshwater you name it i have had it went looking for a grow out tank for my discs fry and the wife decided she wanted to do another salt tank so sold off my 6 breeding pair of discs and4 pair of angels and greman blue rams and back into putting the ocean in a glass box.
Currently i have had Bangji Cardnals true percs and seabae clowns produce fry for me since i dont buy pairs they just end up that way i dont let my wife or kids drink the water from the tap here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 8:06 am

welcome
Your experience with discus will be very very welcome here! I and a few others have just started keeping discus and are attempting to breed them
Back to top Go down
Marlboro Red
Private
Private
Marlboro Red

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 8:10 am

yep just pointed out a few tips in trying to breed discus thread its not that hard just alot of work but the pay off is worth it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 8:14 am

I just moved a pair out of the plants 90g and into a bare 45g to see if they can get to wigglers in there, they had spawned 3 times in the community tank. But each time was on the filter intake so I think that's why they all failed....
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 8:37 am

welcome2

So glad to have you. Feel free to post pics and what not.
We just started a Chapter out in VA so look for more info on that.

Hello from Henrico Virginia 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Marlboro Red
Private
Private
Marlboro Red

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 9:06 am

Fern try a breeding cone or slate laid against the side of the aquarium they lay the eggs in rows like angels and look for a smooth flat surface my first three tries were on the heater so i had to unplug and set another one in the tank. If you have a pair when you change the water make it alittle cooler then normal and feed live food for a couple of days or if thats a problem use blood worms they really love the high protein and will usually trigger a spawn cycle.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 9:48 am

welcome2
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 8:00 pm

Welcome, Marlboro. I'm in Henrico, too. Check out the Virginia Chapter thread, here:
https://usafishbox.forumotion.com/virginia-chapter-f58/virginia-chapter-t5063.htm

Deborah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 8:25 pm

Hey welcome to Pirates . I am the chair for the Va Chapter and live in Richmond.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/8/2010, 2:18 am

Welcome aboard Red nice to have another Virginia in the group
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/8/2010, 8:34 pm

Welcome
Pirates
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/8/2010, 9:19 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/8/2010, 10:01 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
goodpick
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
goodpick

Favorite Fish: : Just love fish

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime11/8/2010, 11:27 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Henrico Virginia   Hello from Henrico Virginia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Henrico Virginia
Page 1 of 1