UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Culturing your own Phytoplankton

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    James0816
    Captain
    Captain
    James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
    Otocinclus Catfish
    Kuhli Loaches

Culturing your own Phytoplankton Empty
    PostSubject: Culturing your own Phytoplankton   Culturing your own Phytoplankton Icon_minitime10/28/2010, 4:19 pm

I'm starting to culture my own phytoplanton but in a little bit of a pickle. I have my medium mixed and ready to go. The cultures came in and are in liquid form not on a petre disk.

I'm wondering how much of the starter phyto I should add to the 2liter bottle to start off with? I initially started with 10ml but not sure if that is enough.

Any thoughts?
    Back to top Go down
    James0816
    Captain
    Captain
    James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
    Otocinclus Catfish
    Kuhli Loaches

Culturing your own Phytoplankton Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Culturing your own Phytoplankton   Culturing your own Phytoplankton Icon_minitime11/12/2010, 9:32 am

Well so far the Nannochloropsis has done really well in 1.014 (19PPM) salinity.

My Dunaliella culture didn't take off in full salt at 1.026 (35PPM). It was a weak culture to start with. I will order a new specimin. In the mean time, I have started Isocrysis Galbana and Tetraselmis both in the same 1.026 medium (seperate vessels mind you).
    Back to top Go down

Culturing your own Phytoplankton
    Page 1 of 1