UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Water Changes Question for SW Tank...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluebengal
Private
Private

Water Changes Question for SW Tank... Empty
PostSubject: Water Changes Question for SW Tank...   Water Changes Question for SW Tank... Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 9:29 am

Is a 20% water change good? I just got through my cycle and my tank levels are

PH-7.8ppm
Ammonia-0ppm
Nitrite-0ppm
Nitrate-5ppm

So I know I need to do a water change....to get those nitrates down to 0 but.....is a 20% okay? And I stick to the 20% how often should I do a change?

A little bit about my tank.....

I have a 92 gallon corner bowfront tank...with a Fluval 405 filtration I also have a large powerhead.

In the tank is live rock, Diamond Goby, Lawnmower Blenny, Percula Clown, Tomato Clown, anemone, Cardinal, Porcupine Puffer, hermit crabs and snails.

Everything is thriving and happy except I am taking the tomato clown back to the LFS today due to being WAY to aggressive. ANYWAYS, the tank just got over the cycle and the rusty red algae is all gone so I don't want to disturb the tank to much all is happy and well right now.
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

PostSubject: Re: Water Changes Question for SW Tank...   Water Changes Question for SW Tank... Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 6:08 pm

personally I do 1/4 tp 1/3 water changes every saturday.. I have a 60 gal... I'd say a little more than 20 %.. but that's me...
Back to top Go down
bluebengal
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Water Changes Question for SW Tank...   Water Changes Question for SW Tank... Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 9:23 pm

I did a 1/4 and i think that will be good Thank you for the advice!!!
Back to top Go down
dogstsx
Private
Private
dogstsx

PostSubject: Re: Water Changes Question for SW Tank...   Water Changes Question for SW Tank... Icon_minitime10/9/2010, 9:05 pm

R u talking about just doing a 20% change now or every week?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water Changes Question for SW Tank...   Water Changes Question for SW Tank... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water Changes Question for SW Tank...
Page 1 of 1