UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Fulu's Breeding..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 7:26 am

I have a group of Fulu's on my 30gl, and yesterday i spotted one of them breeding on the tank, this is my first cichlid breed so im gonna need some help and info about it, once she trown the eggs out and puts it on her mouth, how long will it take for her to spit them out?? should i strip her eggs and put them in a breeder box or let it finish the process on the tank, im afraid that the other will eat the eggs, i appreciate any help, thanks!!
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 8:31 am

Last edited by vman on 11/26/2010, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 8:37 am

This is just what I do. I am sure many others do it diffrent.

I wait about 10-14 days. Strip the eggs/fry into a tumbler or tubaware and make sure there is constent movement. Don't want them to move to much they are really fragle at this age. At this stage they are feeding off there own egg sack/ stomach until about day 20-30ish. Thats when I put them in there own 10G and start feeding crushed flakes. I do this b/c I like to get the female back to eating and breeding faster. ...Also more survival rate for the fry.
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 8:44 am

Fulu's Breeding.. 858205
That's exactly how I do it too!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 8:54 am

Well i think is not the first time they breed, and yeah KMX ill try that method, it sounds accurate lol, instead of using a egg tumbler, can i use a breeder box??
Back to top Go down

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 9:13 am

Those fulus are bad moms, you are going to need to strip her. On the fulus I try for day 2-6 on the stripping. The fry I have in grow-out are from your colony. I can show you how to strip them if you need me to, I have a few fulus holding that I need to strip so you can come watch and learn.
Go to bed bath and beyond and get the 3 pack of stainless steel strainers for like $9, I think I showed you how I set them up to be tumbler's, if not I can show you!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 9:15 am

Ok nice, let me see if i can stop by ur house this week.. Fulu's Breeding.. 393849
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 9:20 am

I would try to let her hold longer then 2-6 .... if she is a bad mom then I would do what Fern said. However she may be a good mom....who knows until you let her try.
Back to top Go down

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 9:23 am

Ok sounds like a plan!

Kory, he got this group from me, the only fry I got from them was ones I stripped, they spit or swallow along day 10-16 even in a 10g all by them self. Even the group I still have are bad moms..... I wish they weren't but they are....
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 9:27 am

It's worth a try thats all im sayin.
Back to top Go down

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 9:34 am

I do agree, possibly they will be better moms in their new home. But I never had luck letting them be.....
Isaaac you can let her be and see if she holds, they are fulus and once they start breeding they don't stop!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 10:24 am

lol ok i take that word, i will let her be then, im sure it wont be the first one.. Fulu's Breeding.. 690297
Back to top Go down

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 11:03 am

In my other group of fulus there is always one holding. But I only pull her if I have a tank open.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 11:04 am

so if she starts holding should i leave her inside the tank with the others?? lets say im gonna let her be and not strip her....
Back to top Go down

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 11:06 am

Moving her to a 5-10g tank by herself with a sponge filter and a wad of java moss will give you your best chances. Use water from the main tank to fill the new tank to prevent any shock. Most of my other lady's will hold to term in a tank setup like that.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 11:08 am

mmm thats gonna be hard cuz i dont have any right now, i have my 10gl busy with my pregnate platty..., how about a breeder box??
Back to top Go down

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 11:21 am

I have spare 10g's if you need to borrow one. Not sure if I have any with good seals on them though.....Ever reseal a tank?
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 11:33 am

lol nope, but im wiling to reseal it if i have to, it does not look hard
Back to top Go down

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 6:49 pm

Ya I can give you the run down on how its done, its pretty easy if your not too picky with how it looks (I'm not) lol! My BF can make them look factory though Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fulu's Breeding.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fulu's Breeding..   Fulu's Breeding.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fulu's Breeding..
Page 1 of 1