UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa

geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS! Empty
PostSubject: geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS!   geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS! Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 11:48 pm

So, I haven't been on here in quite some time because I have been completely busy with everything, and I just wanted to update...

I have a 110 gallon tank with some random fish so to speak..

Clown Loaches, geophagus jurupari, geophagus steindachneri, geophagus brasiliensis, zebra loaches, leopard leaf fish, some eels, and some butterfly fish..

I noticed the other day that the one of the Pearls was digging a huge hole right in front of this clay pot, so I was thinking "cool, someone is going to lay some eggs".. So I get the flash light out and start looking around, and wouldn't you know.. EGGS!

Not many, around maybe 200. But he's guarding them super well.

I'll get pics soon. Promise!
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS!   geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS! Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 12:10 am

Thats awsome! Conrats! Pics soon please. Geos are in my future drool
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS!   geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS! Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 12:14 am

I LOVE geos. I got rid of all my aggressive cichlids (except a Demasoni) and am only keeping these now.

I can't wait.. I get my tapajos soon!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS!   geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS! Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 6:05 am

welcome back to the usafishbox. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS!   geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS! Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 7:13 am

Welcome Back! hi
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS!   geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS! Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 7:32 pm

Thanks guys. I was all excited about having eggs, until I found out that they breed just as much as convicts do. haha. They are "easy" breeders.

Oh well...

I've still got my clown loaches to experiment with. haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS!   geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

geophagus brasiliensis (Pearl eartheater) EGGS!
Page 1 of 1