UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

SW experts, I need advice...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

SW experts, I need advice... Empty
PostSubject: SW experts, I need advice...   SW experts, I need advice... Icon_minitime7/25/2010, 1:57 pm

ok here's the deal.... getting an anemone for my clown... i have a pretty advanced lighting system. with a white light and blue light on during the day. then 6 moon lights that are on a timer for night. and i have the 2 coral lights presently not used. the bulbs are like $80 bucks each and i'd need 2..
so my question is, do i HAVE to get the coral lights for the anemone or are the lights i have good enough? they are pretty high wattage...

SW experts, I need advice... Dsc08911
SW experts, I need advice... Dsc08912
one white and one blue....
Lamps Included:
(2) 36" T5 HO 39W 420/460 Lamps
(2) G12 150W HID 700+ Lamp (coral/anemone lights)
(6) 1W Lunar LEDs
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: SW experts, I need advice...   SW experts, I need advice... Icon_minitime7/25/2010, 4:10 pm

Anemones grow just fine under PC lights as they would under T5's or MH's. You'll need medium to high lighting conditions and moderate water flow.

The day and actinic light on that fixture are straight pin power compact bulbs. They will be perfect. Shop around a little more, these bulbs shouldn't be over $30 ea.

Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Favorite Fish: : Clown Loaches - Fav FW

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: SW experts, I need advice...   SW experts, I need advice... Icon_minitime7/25/2010, 5:42 pm

I think also the type of anemone is a question too. I have a green bubble tip and all I have on my tank is a basic PC bulb and it is doing fine. I have had it a week tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

PostSubject: Re: SW experts, I need advice...   SW experts, I need advice... Icon_minitime7/25/2010, 6:09 pm

yes it is a green bubble tip. ok then, i will try it out, gettin it tomorrow, will post picks. and i have 4 fans or whatever to simulate nice water flow so that department is good.... THANKS!!!!! good
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: SW experts, I need advice...   SW experts, I need advice... Icon_minitime7/25/2010, 6:48 pm

what kind of clown do you have? It may not host it right away, for a week or 2 or maybe not at all.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: SW experts, I need advice...   SW experts, I need advice... Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 11:28 am

just wondering how the GBTA is doin??

also you have a sick light fixture!!!

you have 2 MH on that thing!!!! do they work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SW experts, I need advice...   SW experts, I need advice... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SW experts, I need advice...
Page 1 of 1