UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I now have my first fish!!

Go down 
+6
lizardking
KMX
Holey Rock of Texas
BFinley
istrober
sfagrad
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Favorite Fish: : Clown Loaches - Fav FW

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

I now have my first fish!! Empty
PostSubject: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 8:30 am

Pictures will come later but here is what I picked up this weekend:
One spot foxface-real tempermental, I think it hates me for taking him from the tank he was in. He hides a lot and camos himself
Cinnamon clown
Green clown goby
Bubble anemone rooted on a nice piece of live rock - doesn't seem to be doing well but we will see. I had to get it because clown was already taking care of it.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 8:33 am

Good job!! congratz.. good
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 8:43 am

Congratz!!!!

yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 8:45 am

I now have my first fish!! 265353 Very cool! Good job on getting the anemone the clown was hosting I now have my first fish!! 393849 Most people dont think of that
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 8:51 am

Worst case scenario, let's say the anemone dies, will the clown be okay or will it die also?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 8:56 am

From what I know, and thats not very much I'm still learning as well. Clowns do just fine without their anemone. I have seen them without any anemone and I have seen one clown host 3 anemones.
But like I said I'm still learning as well.......
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:03 am

The anemone is freakin weird. The past two mornings it is all flat and thin then by noonish it is plumped back up. From what nitty told me they do that when the let out all the water they hold and also after they eat. All I know is it is weird. Hopefully it will make it.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:06 am

congratz. where are the pics.
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:08 am

Waiting till foxface colors up and stops being mad. He went from a 29 gallon to my 55 with all my rock so I think him and I need couples therapy.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:09 am

lol nice.
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:11 am

I forgot to brag, I got all four items for 40 bucks. I had to borrow money from my nine year old. This "hobby" is going to drive me crazy
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:25 am

worthlesswopic

lol!
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:27 am

currently working on it. Foxface is still all camoed but whatever.
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:52 am

Okay, here is the anemone clown and foxface.

I now have my first fish!! Dscn4414
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 10:02 am

Looking good!
Oh something I learned about foxfaces, if he scratches you with his spines hold the scratch under hot hot water for like 10-15 min, or it will swell your hand. Same concept as when a cat fish gets you when your fishing. They have an irritant in their slime coat that will cause swelling if you don't purge the wound with hot water.
I just learned that last week so I figured I would pass it along I now have my first fish!! 393849
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 10:06 am

Thanks. What do you think about the anemone? Will it make it?
Back to top Go down
lizardking
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
lizardking

Favorite Fish: : Marbled Shark/ Lionfish

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 11:40 am

You sure got a bargain. Don't worry about the anenome deflating, mine does it every night, and the clown will be fine if it dies. As long as you have good lighting, don't see any problems. The hobby will drive you crazy, wait til you pay 100+ for a fish, and it dies a week later. That's always great.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 11:45 am

That looks Great!!!!

yes
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 11:47 am

The Goby is about the size of my thumb and he has a couple of hiding spots. When I feed him tonight I will try and get a pic of him. He is pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 5:21 pm

Sure enough this afternoon the anemone is all plumped up and doing fine. I actually fed everyone some shredded shrimp which everybody enjoyed. My bi-polar foxface decided to color up some this afternoon although he still hates me.
mad
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 5:22 pm

Fern wrote:
Looking good!
Oh something I learned about foxfaces, if he scratches you with his spines hold the scratch under hot hot water for like 10-15 min, or it will swell your hand. Same concept as when a cat fish gets you when your fishing. They have an irritant in their slime coat that will cause swelling if you don't purge the wound with hot water.
I just learned that last week so I figured I would pass it along I now have my first fish!! 393849

Thanks for the info, I actually heard something about that from nitty. He has a pretty good foxface story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 5:40 pm

lol! I bet he does!
I think you can hand feed the anemone a krill or 2. That's what we feed the anemones at work from time to time, like 2x a week is plenty for them.

If someone says I'm wrong believe them lol! I'm still learning too!!!
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 8:04 pm

I pulled apart a cooked shrimp from the store and dropped it into the anemone. It worked well
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:22 pm

The anemone looks fine. Looks like mine after eating.
If you want to meet this weekend, I'll bring the phyto-feast for you.
Your feather dusters will love it. I have a bi-color blenny that I've
been trying to catch for a few days, you can have him if you want.
Not sure how he'll do with your clown goby because he's chasing my
yellow watchman goby ta-death. LMK, and I can try to catch him
before Saturday.
Back to top Go down
sfagrad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sfagrad

Yellow Tangs - Fav SW

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 10:19 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I now have my first fish!!   I now have my first fish!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I now have my first fish!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next