UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

maroon clown needing anemone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

maroon clown needing anemone Empty
PostSubject: maroon clown needing anemone   maroon clown needing anemone Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 7:21 pm

posted this in the worng place.... maybe i'll get more help in the right department!!!

So i have a HUGE maroon clown fish. at least a good 4 inches. he is doing GREAT in a tank with a color changing poisonous rabbit fish and a black lion fish. he's acually the bully. but they all get along.
anyways looking to get a GOOD size coral(anemone) for the clown fish... i heard only getting one is the best cuz the clown fish will only protect one and i fear my rabbit will pick at it....
Which is a good anemone to get? and is it even a good idea? or will my rabbit pick at it(has been known to do that)
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: maroon clown needing anemone   maroon clown needing anemone Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 8:38 am

Pm NITTY he will give you excellent advice. He has not been on a whole lot lately. but he will respond to you..
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

Favorite Fish: : black false percula, spotted mandarin

PostSubject: Re: maroon clown needing anemone   maroon clown needing anemone Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 9:50 am

I cant say no to the clown/anomeno pair.. it's one of the coolest things about the ocean. But.. your clown doesnt NEED an anemone. maroons will host almost all of the giant anemone's. I have a sebae and a maroon and she loves it. I have put in the time and trials for them as well. Most anemones you are able to purchase are half dead when you see them in the stores. deflated tentacles and a gaping mouth are generally bad signs. lack of color is also another sign of poor health. Regular feeding a cpl times a week will help bring it back. I have been through a few anemones, i tend to want to save them from their slow demise in the LFS. I had a beautiful carpet that one day decided to move and somehow, got between the pad and my powerheads while i was at work... that was a bad ordeal. ANEMONES WILL MOVE TO WHERE THEY FEEL COMFORTABLE... BTA's are good and maroons naturally pair with them in the wild. your going to need a pretty big anemone becuase clowns are rough, my maroon is about 3 inches and she has killed 2 BTA's With an oral disk of about 4 inches by just... beating them up. long tent are good too. both of these are considered easy care anemones which means moderate to high care for your tank. first anemone's need alot of light. What are you running? how big is the tank? and what all do you have in it, just the fish mentioned? Is it FO or REEF? do you have A SKIMMER? As far as corals go, id stay away from getting coral for your clown fish, it will kill it most likely over time.
Back to top Go down
bkozolup
Sergeant
Sergeant
bkozolup

Favorite Fish: : Chrysurus angel fish

PostSubject: Re: maroon clown needing anemone   maroon clown needing anemone Icon_minitime2/7/2011, 7:21 pm

clowns will host inside of elegance corals its a deep water coral so you will no need high lighting. And you can get them big if you can afford it
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

Favorite Fish: : black false percula, spotted mandarin

PostSubject: Re: maroon clown needing anemone   maroon clown needing anemone Icon_minitime2/26/2011, 8:21 pm

yea then have been known to host elegance corals. elegance corals are not an easy thing to keep healthy though. and maroon clowns can be very rough. you would need a massive elegance for a 4+ inch maroon clown. your better off with a large BTA, by large i mean at least 6-8 in oral disk. (IMO) yea itll be kinda big when its expanded but should your nem purge itself or shrink up, its still big enough that the clown wont tear it apart. Ive seen my clown on occasion bite a tentacles completely off and she is about 3 inches
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maroon clown needing anemone   maroon clown needing anemone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

maroon clown needing anemone
Page 1 of 1