UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!!   Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!! Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 7:18 pm

I may have a potential Seachem Stability problem... I have a weird question: what should it smell like? What should the liquid look like? I have a sinking suspicion that what I bought as Seachem Stability is not what's in the bottle... If anyone has used this product please reply to this post and let me know what it smells like and looks like, my clownfish may be in danger!
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!!   Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!! Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 10:30 pm

did you buy it new? used?
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!!   Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!! Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 8:41 pm

I bought it new from a lfs that I've never used before. Then after I had dosed my tank with it for 2 days my friend from another lfs told me to boycott the store I got it from because one of his customers bought a bottled product from that store and it killed off all his livestock in his salt tank. When the man complained to the manufacturer they asked for the bottle back and after testing the product, said that what was in the bottle wasn't their product (meaning the lfs took the bottle, used the actual product and then replaced the product with something entirely different). I didn't think anything of it, but now I'm not so sure... After dosing the tank my anemone died within a day and a half (I've never seen a healthy nem die sooo quickly) and now I'm having recurring bouts of lime green algae. I scrub the entire tank and by the next evening there's lime green algae everywhere!!! I'm not using the product anymore and the manufacturer that I contacted said that it couldn't cause all that... So I'm still left wondering WTF?! What should I do? The lfs says they don't guarantee any product for any reason and won't do anything to help me! Oh yeah, and there's algae scum on the surface of the water too, even though my protein skimmer is working like crazy... I don't even know what to think!
Back to top Go down
mbovinet
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mbovinet

Favorite Fish: : Cyphos

PostSubject: Re: Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!!   Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!! Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 8:46 pm

I sell quite a bit of it in my store and have never had any issues with it at all. I'd say the store is to blame.

**********USAfishbox.com*************

FISH FREAKS CICHLIDS
Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!! CMSIG
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!!   Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!! Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 9:48 pm

The night before I'm due to go on vacation I'm doing massive water changes on my biocube. The Seachem Stability that I bought from Fish2morrow in Fort Worth, TX is to blame... I've taken out about 20 gallons of water and am replacing it as we speak. Fish2morrow apparently used the actual Stability product and then apparently replaced it with something else, what? I don't know. So now, $200 later I'm trying to fix their mistake! I am needless to say livid and will never ever for any reason go back there again. Seachem has been great and is sending me a "care package" of free products that are tamper free. The worst part is that Fish2morrow has done this to at least one other customer, and he unfortunately lost over $600 worth of livestock to their scam!
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

PostSubject: Re: Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!!   Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!! Icon_minitime2/19/2010, 1:08 am

I liked fish2marrow untill i read this. In the future if you do not need the product right then, i would order it from http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Default.cfm. I have had no problems from these people on any thing i have ordered. I ordered a hob canister filter for my turtle 2 years ago. It showed up with a broken piece. I called the customer service number on my recipt and they sent the replacement filter and the return package for the broken one out the same day. Since then i have ordered all of my things through them. The only time i go the the lfs is if i need the product right then in emergency cases. They carry things for almost any living pet you could have, you can even buy live fish,plants and coral from them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!!   Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seachem Stability Problem... HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: Diseases and Disasters-
Jump to: