UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Suggestions for POTM rules

Go down 
+3
micahsutton
Holey Rock of Texas
Rachael0805
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

Suggestions for POTM rules Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 2:39 pm

So it looks like some POTM rules/guidelines would be beneficial. Do you any of you have questions, thought, or suggestions about that? I will be posting the rules soon but I wanted to get some suggestions. They will be in effect for March POTM. Kory and I will have the final word on the rules and I will post them soon. Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 2:42 pm

no more frontosas lol
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 2:44 pm

tim wrote:
no more frontosas lol

Tim....Do you have any REAL suggestions? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 2:44 pm

but i think the winner shouldnt be able to have a picture in the next month
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 2:45 pm

may only submit one entry which is of his/her own work for each contest
freshwater or saltwater subject/environment
anonymous during the voting period
Back to top Go down
micahsutton
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
micahsutton

Favorite Fish: : Golden Nugget Pleco, Lemon Jake, Red Top Lwanda, Aulonocara Baenschi, Otopharynx Lithobates, and Frontosa's.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 3:04 pm

tim wrote:
but i think the winner shouldnt be able to have a picture in the next month

I don't agree with this one lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 3:17 pm

cus you won last month lol
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 3:21 pm

The rule from the start is the user who won last month has to enter the next month with a diffrent pic. Thats the way I like it.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 3:22 pm

KMX wrote:
The rule from the start is the user who won last month has to enter the next month with a diffrent pic. Thats the way I like it.

They must defend their title!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 3:22 pm

once again kory crushes all hope lol
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 4:11 pm

i think we should have 5 saltwater and 5 freshwater each month.
also i think the only edit u can do, should be auto fix on photobucket.
no changing the tint,brightness, etc. just auto fix
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 4:31 pm

Auto-fix and cropping. Thats it. I dont agree with the 5/5 thing. I pick the 10 BEST pictures. I try to get is as even as possible but I am not going to cheat out a fw pic if it is better than a sw pic and vice versa.

Last edited by Rachael0805 on 2/2/2010, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 4:37 pm

ooo ya and cropping
i started to say 4 and 4 and the other 2 either or.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 4:51 pm

I think the member in charge of the POTM should decide the best pictures to be included in the Photo Contest. And not based on half salt and half fresh water. What happens when there are not enough really good ones of any classification.
Also, i need clarification on our Pic submittal. I know we must actually take the picture. But, does the picture have to be a fish that we actually own????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 4:56 pm

i agree with cajun on this one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 5:08 pm

I think you need to own or have owned the fish/ plant/ coral/ invert or crustacean in the photo. It needs to be of something within your own tank. I agree with the auto fix (I will have to find that button, lol) and cropping only.

That's my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 5:14 pm

CajunGator wrote:
I think the member in charge of the POTM should decide the best pictures to be included in the Photo Contest. And not based on half salt and half fresh water. What happens when there are not enough really good ones of any classification.
Also, i need clarification on our Pic submittal. I know we must actually take the picture. But, does the picture have to be a fish that we actually own????

Yes it does. I think it would be best.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:00 pm

I don't agree with that rule. I like the idea of going to the Pittsburgh Aquarium or your LFS and taking a great picture and being able to submit a pic of a fish that I couldn't keep in my tank, such as a shark or something. It should just have to be a picture you take, not your fish.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:03 pm

Some people can't keep Frontosa or other fish because you need a huge tank for them. So the only way they can get a picture of that fish is to take it somewhere else. That's why I take the position I do on that.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:05 pm

only problem with that is people would be stealing other people photos off the net

Last edited by ilicurtisili on 2/2/2010, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:07 pm

No. You have to take the picture. It just doesn't have to be of your fish.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:13 pm

what im saying is we cant tell if u actully took the picture if its not your own.
people will be sending pictures in that they didnt take and saying they did
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:19 pm

the members just need to be honest and only take their fish or fish they have owned...
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:26 pm

Suggestions for POTM rules 858205
Back to top Go down
micahsutton
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
micahsutton

Favorite Fish: : Golden Nugget Pleco, Lemon Jake, Red Top Lwanda, Aulonocara Baenschi, Otopharynx Lithobates, and Frontosa's.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime2/2/2010, 6:45 pm

KMX wrote:

I didnt know this lol! I thought i couldnt enter this month. Where are the rules for POTM? I cant find them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for POTM rules   Suggestions for POTM rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for POTM rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next