UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Came home to a tragedy!!!

Go down 
+3
KMX
h0ngkn0t2
lgsasquatch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

Came home to a tragedy!!! Empty
PostSubject: Came home to a tragedy!!!   Came home to a tragedy!!! Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 11:09 am

My wife called me last night while i was at work and said she couldn't find her shovelnose catfish. I thought it was hiding really good under some drift wood in the tank, so i told here i will look when i got home this morning. When i got home i started looking for the cat fish and could not find him anywhere in the tank. I have only two other fish in this tank so i know he was not eaten by another fish. The tank has only one place that i thought was a possibility for the cat to hide. But i was hoping that it was not the case. I was hoping my oldest child had caught it and moved it with out us knowing it. (Simple solution then) But i found that was not the case. The tank has a overflow box meaning it is a reef ready tank and the one spot i thought it could be it was. Dead in the over flow box!!! I am still dumb founded on how he made it in the the overflow box because it goes all the way to the top of the tank and the lids sit right over it. The only thing i am thinking hap pend is the black shark i have in the tank was picking on him and to get away he jump out through a small space behind the lid and landed in the over flow box. cry
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a tragedy!!!   Came home to a tragedy!!! Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 11:40 am

So sorry to hear about that misfortune. I lost a frontosa the same way awhile back.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a tragedy!!!   Came home to a tragedy!!! Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 1:47 pm

Hate hearing things like this. I lost about 15 fish in my move. All small ones.
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a tragedy!!!   Came home to a tragedy!!! Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 1:49 pm

Sorry to hear. I hate those suprises...
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a tragedy!!!   Came home to a tragedy!!! Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 2:46 pm

I think everyone here has had a fish jump out of the tank and die. I had PLENTY of guppies do that same thing and my dog would eat em.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a tragedy!!!   Came home to a tragedy!!! Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 2:48 pm

that sucks to hear.

they will do crazy things to get away from another fish.. i have found one of my adult BN stuck inside the HOB filter
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a tragedy!!!   Came home to a tragedy!!! Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 2:52 pm

had some guarmies that like to jump out at you when you went feed them, needless to say that got old and ended up getting rid of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a tragedy!!!   Came home to a tragedy!!! Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 2:57 pm

man that sucks, i had a german red peacock jump and another one died in the same night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Came home to a tragedy!!!   Came home to a tragedy!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Came home to a tragedy!!!
Page 1 of 1