UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus)

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    snowflake311
    Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
    Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
    snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus) Empty
    PostSubject: Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus)   Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus) Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 7:36 pm

Origin: in some rivers in Bolivia and Brazil, including the Rio Guaporé and Rio Mamoré.
    Size: 2-3.5"
    ph: 5.0-7.5
    temp: 76- 81f
    tank size: 20 or bigger.
    Tank set up: lots of plants and places to hide the more hide outs they have the more outgoing they will be. They should have sand seeing that they are a dwarf earth eatter. They sift throw the sand for food.

Food: some can be picky so I have hear from others. Mine are not picky eatten flakes and crushed sinking pellets. They rarely will go to the surface to eat so sinking food is best.

Tank mates: other dwarf cichlds that are peacful. They do best is groups or as a pair. To males will fight but it's not that bad. Tetras, corys, plecos, gouramis are some good tank mates. I have a betta with mine and have no problems.

Temperment: peaceful But 2 males will fight from time to time. They don't pay much attention to other fish. These guys are hardy rams much easier to keep then the German rams. These guys have lots of spunk.

Sexing: very hard. It takes a trianed eye IMO. If you look At them from the side and look at the bottom of the belly the females will be round makes will be flat. Females are stocky males slim and tend to be larger and brighter. They say males have longerfins and they do But females have pointed fins too. Sexing is very hard unless full grown.

Breeding : easy if conditioned right with good food and good water. They will spawn in sand pits or on rocks. Best way to get a pair is to by 6 and let them pair up.

Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus) P7290629
    Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus) RamSm
    Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus) Rams2ncarl
    Back to top Go down

Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus)
    Page 1 of 1