UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Most Saltwater Fish

Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/4/2009, 8:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Pictures will be posted tonight when I get home. I am excited. Just trying to figure out now what a good first piece of coral would be for my tank.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 8:52 am

no cleaner crew. i just broke my tank down yesterday to install my sump and skimmer. i bought a vertek skimmer. I am going bare bottom tank. i dont like the sand i have in there. It is two fine. the cleaner crew is coming soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 9:37 am

there are various grades of substrate for saltwater. the most used is pavestone pulverised limestone which is sugar fine grade and helps with denitrificationin a dsb. then carib sea has many grades of substrate but it tends to be a little expensive. if you plan on having sand sifters in your cleanup crew then i suggest a sugarfine substrate. i have done the barebottom thing and it was a nightmare when teh fish start to poop you see it and see it everywhere until it builds up to the point of looking like substrate lol! .
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 11:05 am

Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 858205

I use crushed coral
Back to top Go down
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 11:07 am

well i think i am going to try the bare bottom thing. my buddy has his 300 gallon like that i like how it looks. if it does not work i can always add sand.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 11:31 am

You gonna put you rocks on egg crate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 11:39 am

nitty wrote:
Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 858205

I use crushed coral

i use pavestone pulverised limestone from home depot which is much cheaper than aragonite or live sand. cant beat 4.68 a bag for 40lb bags of the stuff lol!
Back to top Go down
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/6/2009, 8:51 pm

the home depots out here dont carry that pavestone pulverised limestone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/8/2009, 2:37 pm

igotatank wrote:
the home depots out here dont carry that pavestone pulverised limestone

that is odd, i know you could create an account with pavestone and order it directly only problem is you would have to order a whole pallet of it LOL
Back to top Go down
ssteelhead
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : oscar

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 12:32 am

nice setup yes
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 6:48 am

Looking good Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 265353
Back to top Go down
Bigfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
Bigfish

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/11/2010, 5:55 pm

what kind of rock is that
Back to top Go down
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/12/2010, 10:39 am

tufa, lace and lava. i just took out the lace and i am going to get rid of it. i will replace it with large pieces of fiji
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.   Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally i have settled on a light fixture and it is set up.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: General Saltwater Disc.-
Jump to: