UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegisterFAQ
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Calcium reactor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
John C.
Private
Private
John C.

Favorite Fish: : salmon tast soo good with butter and lemon.

Calcium reactor Empty
PostSubject: Calcium reactor   Calcium reactor Icon_minitime11/27/2009, 4:33 pm

ok I was wondering if any one could help me? I have a Coral life Calcium reactor 250. it has been running great up till 3days ago. it stoped pumping water in to and from my sump. I had to wait a few days to play with it "cuz I work a lot." but when I pulled the pump off the reactor the fan was stuck. I loosened it up and it seemed to work fine for about an hour then it stop again. the pump is working but it doesn't seem to want to pull water from my sump now. when I get home today I'm going to try plumbers tape I think I might have compromised the seal. if any one has an suggestions i'm all ears. mad crazy
Back to top Go down

Calcium reactor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium reactor   Calcium reactor Icon_minitime11/27/2009, 5:10 pm

this is one reason i dont use a ca reactor, the other is the high cost associated with getting teh reactor, co2 tank, regulator, solenoid, etc. have you checked to see if it is salt build up? i dont know if the co2 may be causing it personally because like i said i dose calcium because i cannot afford a ca reactor (although i would like to have one LOL)
Back to top Go down
John C.
Private
Private
John C.

Calcium reactor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium reactor   Calcium reactor Icon_minitime11/27/2009, 6:11 pm

I not home much and no one at my house knows any thing about the tank. Thats the only reason I got it. It took me a few months to get every thing I needed. But I got it pretty cheap $500 for every thing it's worth way more. But any way it's only been running for about 3 weeks so I don't think it's salt build up. I really think it's the pump like I said it was stuck and then I pulled it apart and loosened the fan. the pump is running fine. the C02 has been the easiest thing to deal with out of the whole set up. when I get home tonight I will try again but if you or any one else have any ideas let me know.

H E L P !!
Back to top Go down

Calcium reactor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium reactor   Calcium reactor Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 7:30 am

it could be some kind of salt creep on teh inside of the pump or it could also be that the pump may have got hot and melted a bit to the point of the pump inside rubbing the impeller.
Back to top Go down
John C.
Private
Private
John C.

Calcium reactor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium reactor   Calcium reactor Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 3:58 pm

your right the pump melted :( I had to buy a new one.
Back to top Go down

Calcium reactor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium reactor   Calcium reactor Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 4:04 pm

John C. wrote:
your right the pump melted :( I had to buy a new one.

glad you got it taken care of, last time i had a pump melt it was due to pump running dry. pay close attention to water level lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Calcium reactor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium reactor   Calcium reactor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calcium reactor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: General Saltwater Disc.-
Jump to: